Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Spextrum DX7 bind to SR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Spextrum DX7 bind to SR

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 AM
jameswhale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spextrum DX7 bind to SR

I have just puchased a Blade S.R and wish to Bind it to my Spectrum DX7 I have never Set Up a Helicopter can anyone go though the Set Up Procedure, giving at this stage, similar Flight characteristics to that with the provided Transmitter
Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 AM
NordicMan

Default RE: Spextrum DX7 bind to SR

Hi I've been flying a Blade MSr and recently got a DX6i transmitter and just like you I wanted to marry the two together

Check youtube for some GREAT easy walk-throughs of the binding process, like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3BWw8dJvQ
Old 03-30-2010, 08:19 AM
jameswhale

Thanks for your reply. I am ok with Binding it is the setting up of the transmitter to give similar characteristics to that with the supplied tramsmitter
Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
matty_p80

James (you're not the radio and tv presenter are you?)

before you bind the Tx set the throttle curves:-

throttle hold: 0% right the way across

normal mode: have a straight diagonal line from 0 - 100% (some, including myself, like to have a little 'bump' between 0 and 50% to give a bit of a 'cushion' as the blade pitch is reducing when landing!) i have point 2 on my DX6i (only have 5 point curve on the cheap ones! ha ha) set to 31%, although you might want a bit less than this as your motor is a little less powerful than my B400!

idle up 1: L - 100%; H - 100%; mid point (4 i believe) - not any less than 85%! then fill in the others (2,3,5 & 6) to create a smooth looking bowl or 'V' shape!

idle up 2: you don't have the oomph on this model but you could set it 100% right across all points!

Set pitch curves:-

idle up 1: straight diagonal from 'L' 0% - 100% 'H'

at this point, check your blade pitch on the heli with the Tx in idle up (don't forget to disconnect the motor connections to the ESC first!)! if you don't already have a pitch gauge it is a must have for a CP heli!! at mid-stick the blade pitch should be 0deg in idle up![ this is covered in the manual]

there is plenty of info. on the likes of Youtube, etc. or even try Horizonhobby.com when they get their act together

hope this helps in some way (there will probably be lots of other opinions forthcoming!)

Matty )

p.s. you can also alter the weights on the fly bar to give a more docile or 'energetic' feel!!!