Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Horizon Hobby - Way to Go!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Horizon Hobby - Way to Go!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
akpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horizon Hobby - Way to Go!

So I ended up sending my mCX back. Mailed it back on Tuesday. Got confirmation that it was received back at Horizon on Wednesday morning. Got an e-mail Friday morning stating that a return shipment was being sent via FedEx, from them Friday. And on Saturday at lunch, received a brand new mCX, a pair of upper/lower glo-in-the-dark blades, and an apology for my troubles.

Now that's outstanding customer service!!! I think they're going to have a, long-term, loyal customer in me if they continue with customer service along those lines.

Thanks Horizon!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:31 AM
midntpumkin

Default RE: Horizon Hobby - Way to Go!

yep horizon is one of the best customer support out there, i called them on the phone and someone actually answerd on the 2nd ring . i called about my jr radio and was having problems of it comming up with a effor message , go to find out the lithiom or ion memory battery was dead and was told to send it back . i decided not to because it was old and 72 mhz and wanted a exuse to get a new 2.4 . definitly one of the best out in customer support for sure.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
drobin

After having my DX6 for a couple of years, I broke the antenna. My fault and out of warranty.Called them to see where I could get a new antenna.They had me send the unit in. They replaced the antenna and made sure everything was up to factory spec. Cost? just my shipping to them.No charge. They will have my business. In fact, I bought a DX7, yet to use it.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 AM
ReadyToGo

hey akpilot,
why did u send your mcx back to horizon?
i've just started flying mine and it flies unbeliavely well.
when i first flew it, the hover was so perfect it took me a while to notice the heli had actually taken off.
i'm an esky custumer too.
my esky is full of problems since day one. i sent them an email and i never got an answer.
i think they don't even read it.
i think one has what they pay.
eflite helis are more espensive than esky's, but they have execelent quality and the company cares about their custumers.
that's how things should always be, isn't it?
regards.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:56 PM
TakeshiSkunk

Am I the only person that has had bad experiences with Horizon? I've never called and not been on hold for like 20 minutes, I've had a bunch of defective stuff that needed returned. When I got a replacement sent to me for my Typhoon 2 3D (which was mangled in-box, the fuselage was significantly warped and the covering job was awful) it had a defective servo.

Most recently I've been trying to return my recalled DX6i, it took me a month or longer to get a shipping label sent to me, when it finally did show up (and I know this part is my fault) I didn't even see it in my inbox until after it had expired. I just emailed them back about possibly getting another label, god knows how long it will take them to respond to this last email.

I don't know why I couldn't just send in the return form and get my shipping label back, a bunch of emails were exchanged after the form was sent in because they never received my first one, and then once they got the second one had to ask me what the whole thing was for again.

To be fair there didn't seem to be anything wrong with my Blade400 at all, I'm guessing the tail rotor failure was due to me not adjusting the tail boom after the giving the belt time to break in. I dunno I've just been disappointed/discouraged/let down repeatedly with regards to quality control in general.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:06 AM
neilg.

if they "drop the ball" on 1 customer out of 50 that's not bad. i sent in a dx6i and upgraded to the dx7. the dx7 i received had servos, etc. with it, i alsoo got a receiver i wrangled out of them . i dished out $150, sold off servos, i made out.

give them another chance.

neil
Old 05-01-2010, 08:02 AM
ReadyToGo

ORIGINAL: TakeshiSkunk

Am I the only person that has had bad experiences with Horizon? I've never called and not been on hold for like 20 minutes, I've had a bunch of defective stuff that needed returned. When I got a replacement sent to me for my Typhoon 2 3D (which was mangled in-box, the fuselage was significantly warped and the covering job was awful) it had a defective servo.

Most recently I've been trying to return my recalled DX6i, it took me a month or longer to get a shipping label sent to me, when it finally did show up (and I know this part is my fault) I didn't even see it in my inbox until after it had expired. I just emailed them back about possibly getting another label, god knows how long it will take them to respond to this last email.

I don't know why I couldn't just send in the return form and get my shipping label back, a bunch of emails were exchanged after the form was sent in because they never received my first one, and then once they got the second one had to ask me what the whole thing was for again.

To be fair there didn't seem to be anything wrong with my Blade400 at all, I'm guessing the tail rotor failure was due to me not adjusting the tail boom after the giving the belt time to break in. I dunno I've just been disappointed/discouraged/let down repeatedly with regards to quality control in general.
good to know...[X(]
Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 AM
TakeshiSkunk

Well they got back to me really fast with another shipping label. But yeah, I wasn't mad at Horizon for ONE dropped ball, it was a series of bad experiences. I obviously have given them a bunch of chances, I just got by B400 last winter.

But yeah, defective Typhoon3D, bad experience with customer service initially (took forever to get in touch with someone, basically had to fight with them to get them to send me a shipping label, received a defective replacement and had to do the whole thing over again to get that servo. From first contact to getting everything sorted out it was a couple months). Then I find out my DX6i is defective and it takes forever for me to go through the paces and get the shipping label for that.

I see people raving about their amazing quality and customer service all the time and I've just never seen it.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
ReadyToGo

hey, i know what u mean.
i pray not to need to "test" those companies...
i've already had a very bad experience with esky and they don't even answer my email.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
TakeshiSkunk

Well rest assured that Horizon WILL take care of anything that's wrong, it just might take them a while and there may be more problems to take care of than is necessary
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 PM
fly 450

Yep, they do the business in a good way