Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

century hawk pro or raptor 30?

trying to debate on what to get for a first nitro heli. i have a century swift now and am getting better but flying time is limited do to batteries. so im thinking of goin nitro.

have a few nitro trucks so i know the basics on engines just trying to decide what to get for a heli. the hawk is somewhat cheaper but i hear great things on the raptors also.

or is the 60 alot better of a choice. a local friend has a raptor 60 with a scale body running the os .70 and it flies great but we are talkin almost double the money for that.

any ideas/ suggestions will be considered also thanks

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=397

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=440

and the best place to buy these also. heli-world seems very competitive and ive bought alot from them also.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: century hawk pro or raptor 30?

Both are pretty good 30's but the Raptor is now a bit dated.

I would go with the Hawk Pro. IMHO, it has a better and more dependable clutch and start shaft system, a much better head design (you will find many of the newly released 50 helis are now using this same head design), and a number of other advantages. Plus it will leave you with $80.00 to get a better set of servos, or gyro or whatever.

I also have always found the OS 37 engine to be a large step above the TT39 for user friendliness in needle settings.

I found the lighter Hawk Pro, with the OS 37 and a good muffler (like the CN3039) to have a very similar power to weight ratio to a Rappy 50.