Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Encino Air Field

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 01:28 AM
RC Iron Cross
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Encino Air Field

Does anyone here fly at the Encino air Filed in the San Fernando Valley, So. California? Or is anyone near by. I just bought a heli and would like if there is someone willing to help with advice and such. if you go to this wir filed please let me know and maybe I we can coordinate a rime in which i can ask questions, etc. Thanks I really appreciate the help. My e-mail is [email protected]
Old 07-20-2003, 01:52 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Default Encino Air Field

hi there... pm me... i do not fly at the sepulveda dam... it is way to crowed... if you want to take a drive to pasadena, not much further anyway, i'd be happy to help you at my field... less people... less stress... only thing you need for starters is the AMA (kinda recommended as well for the sepulveda dam)
Old 07-21-2003, 05:41 AM
RC Iron Cross

Default Encino Air Field

A place that's not overcrowded sounds nice. I definately want to try it. I went to the Encino field today and I had to wait in line for my channel to free up. I only had 15 minutes then I had to let someone else use it. Pasadena is a bit of a drive for me here but I want to try it. Encino is only ten minutes away from me so it's pretty close. do you have a map how to get to where you are?
Old 07-21-2003, 06:04 AM
ajisup

Default Encino Air Field

Yeah, I've been to the Encino field. Gets very crowded there. I don't fly anything, but I've been there. I heard they let you fly electric planes at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:23 PM
RC Iron Cross

Default Encino Air Field

I've never seen electric at the Rose Bowl. What I did see that impressed me was a guy who owned 5 turbine jets! man, must be nice to have all that money to put into a hobby. The best thing I saw at the field Yesterday (Sunday) was a flying lawn mower. That has to be the funniest thing flying. It looked subreal. I went there to break-in my motor and the guys were very helpful. I didn't fly at all because one guy said that my heli shakes too much and to check the main shaft to make sure it's not bent. I will do that and go try to fly sometime this week. i bet it isn't as crowded on weekdays.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:36 AM
flmgrip

Default Encino Air Field

the field is in a gated area and you need a key (and be a member) to get in. but i am more than happy to meet up with you and take you along as a guest and help you get setup with your heli... so just let me know
Old 07-23-2003, 04:44 AM
RC Iron Cross

Default Encino Air Field

It sounds great. Maybe I can come this weekend if you are gonna be there. At what time are you there? Can I bring my heli as if I am a guest? What is the fee to become a member?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2003, 04:52 PM
flmgrip

Default Encino Air Field

i should be out there sometime this sunday, yes you can bring your heli... pm for details and to get the directions and to arange a time to meet