Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

tail vibration on my Trex 450

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

tail vibration on my Trex 450

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:58 AM
fredo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail vibration on my Trex 450

Hi guys
I'm not too sure how to fix this problem. Om my first mode, normal flight where my throttle curve is zero at the stick on the bottom and 70% on the top
the heli flies nice and smooth but when I flick my second mode, throttle stick at both ends 75% and centre 55% (stunt mode), my tail starts to shake up and down pretty badly. What could be the problem?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 AM
dooleyje

Default RE: tail vibration on my Trex 450

Your headspeed is WAAAAAY to low and the head dampers are telling so. You need about 75-95% at hover (not center stick) The motors want a lot of head speed. In idle up you will want something like 100%- 85%-100%.

Jim
Old 05-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Beachcomber

Yes, anytime your tail bobs up-and-down, it means your head speed is too slow. You might find that in windy conditions, your tail will bob when is doesn't do that in calm wind. Your heli is telling you to increase throttle curve, relative to a certain blade pitch, so that when you are hovering, head speed will be higher.

And changing to harder head dampeners will cause the need for higher head speed to prevent tail problems.

If your tail goes right-to-left, that's not head speed, it is probably your gyro settings.

Have fun.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:35 PM
fredo

Thanks guys for valuable tips....I'm learning everyday something. This set up was done for me initially when I was learning how to hover but since then I felt I have progressed further and made this stunt mode set up myself on the basis of my initial setting...if that makes sense. I'll give it a try and will let you know.

Cheers