Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Balance/Vibration Issue on Blade 400

Hello all.
    I have been flying RC planes for about 15 years now. I got bored with them, and the the whole hassle associated with flying such big birds; so I recently stepped into helicopter
    I purchased, what looked like a decent quality heli with a good price, and started flying. 4 crashes later I have hovering, forward/backwards/sidways flight, and even loops down pat.

My latest rebuild the heli has a really bad vibration, with associated noise. That I cannot pinpoint.

The blades I purchased are CF blades, and are identical in weight. They also track much better than the woodies ever did.
    The Flybar is equal length, also with CF paddles.
    And the tail rotor is also CF now.

Crash part replacements:
    main shaft
    flybar
    tail rotor shaft
    tail slider
    tail boom
    feathering shaft
    main gear
    tail drive gear

I had upgraded everything to CF, thinking maybe the cheap plastic and wood was off balance, creating the vibration and noise. However, I was wrong. It is still there.
    At lower head speeds, this does not occur, and the heli flies very stable. But whe =n I kick into 3d mode, it becomes squirelly and makes an awfull noise. You can tail the tail vibrating
    severely. At the level of vibration I get, I would imagine it will wear out and damage parts on the heli.

Does anyone have any pointers for me to weed out this vibration? I would like to start practicing some 3d stuff, however, when the vibration kicks in, it makes the heli very hard to control. Perhaps it is affecting the gyro?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Balance/Vibration Issue on Blade 400

You may have an extra twist in your belt or too tight and or your tail shaft has a bend. This is what I do. I remove everything except the main shaft and see if the main shaft is bent and see if the rotation of the tail makes it vibrate. You have to test each piece at a time. Sorry no real short cuts. The vibration is most likely there in normal mode but you just don't see it at such a slow speed.

Jim
    HobbyTown USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Balance/Vibration Issue on Blade 400

main shaft and tail shaft have been replaced.
    Both were visibly bent in the last crash.
    Basically half the heli was replaced.
    Last night, I did take the tail rotor off, and put it in a cordless drill and spun it up.
    I could feel a small vibration, and see a slight wobble. Like the tracking is off.
    Unfortunately there are no links to adjust on it, So I am going to replace the grips, the slider, and the center holder; then see what happens.