Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Very Bad Store

well then that is not right. apologies, it didnt sound that way from the previous posts.

What a stupendous bore.
    I wouldn't have returned his money either.
    The cheap shots at the store by naming them in CAPS expose the real intent.
    Pray tell, did you not still need the battery ? What was the part number you gave them and what did you get ?
    The BS lite is flashing.
    So, the battery you got won't fit, but it was so close that when you picked it up you didn't notice?
    When you got home though NOW you could suddenly tell it wouldn't fit without removing it from the package ? Hmmm.
    Well when I got home [1 hour drive} the battary did not fit.
    How DID you find out that it wouldn't fit by not removing it from the package anyway ?
    Maybe they're a little ticked at you for treating them like idiots in your eyes, just like the way you're trying to snow us.
    Nice try.
    There's more to the story. That hobby shop knows it and so does the 'victim'.
    Also Im tring to help other people out.
    [sm=72_72.gif]
    You did. If ever in town I'll go out of my way to buy from them.
    Doug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doug47........Your > Wrong < I gave the Correct model number of the battary, it was their fault,Their are 2 battaries for that TX. one has the look of a 9 volt with the 2 polls sticking out and the Other battary has only FLAT contacts.
    Ive been in business. And i would NEVER treat customers like that.Never.
    I just tell as many people NOT TO GO UP -RC HOBBIES AND MORE in winsted ct because of this.
    end of story.
    Support other hobby shops that are MORE Friendly to their customers. And not just Money Hungry.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Doug, ease up on the slamming.It is people like you that make assumptions and flame others to make themselves feel special.

My favorite LHS is actually doing a raffle and giving away a Parkzone Extra 300. I heard that they will do a helicopter and truck as well eventually.
    Trex 450 Pro / Trex 500 / Trex 600E
    microbeast Ikon Ikon

It is people like you that make assumptions and flame others to make themselves feel special
    Excise me, but who exactly are you ? A combination of Nostradomus, Ghandhi and Freud ?
    You are not the moral compass here, in charge, an authority figure or in any way someone I'll be checking in with to clear it with you before I say it or think it. Understand ?
    YOUR comment Sir is a slam against someone you don't even know that would require mind reading, ESP and ritual chants to be accurate....so save it.
    I was defending people not here being slammed with the tiresome "don't ever buy from(fill-in the blank)".
    I don't, my family doesn't and no close personal friends run a LHS, but they are a very important part of our hobby and seeing them trashed ad nauseum...without intrerventions from Christ-like authority figures like yourself...get's old. There are holes in that story and you know it.
    So get back to what you are usually doing to make YOU feel better.
    I have heard that to excess it can cause blindness though. Of course that was at a LHS. Doug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]Excise me, but who exactly are you ? A combination of Nostradomus, Ghandhi and Freud ?
    You are not the moral compass here, in charge, an authority figure or in any way someone I'll be checking in with to clear it with you before I say it or think it. Understand ?
    YOUR comment Sir is a slam against someone you don't even know that would require mind reading, ESP and ritual chants to be accurate....so save it.
    I was defending people not here being slammed with the tiresome "don't ever buy from(fill-in the blank)".
    I don't, my family doesn't and no close personal friends run a LHS, but they are a very important part of our hobby and seeing them trashed ad nauseum...without intrerventions from Christ-like authority figures like yourself...get's old. There are holes in that story and you know it.
    So get back to what you are usually doing to make YOU feel better.
    I have heard that to excess it can cause blindness though. Of course that was at a LHS. Doug

I didn't say that I was any of those and learn how to spell. Your education is showing in your text. I see that it is all too common that people like yourself can't have an intelligent response, but see fit to ramble on with babble. Just trying to say that you are being a bit harsh. Now you are going to respond with more babble, so let it come.
    Trex 450 Pro / Trex 500 / Trex 600E
    microbeast Ikon Ikon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: conntaxman

I bought a tx battary from Rc Hobbies and more in winsted ct and i ended up not needing it, so I brought it back for a Refund. Rc Hobbies and more - would NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. They gave me a store credit.I told them that I wouldn't need anything from them for a long time and that I needed the money that I spent on this battary. Seeing how bad this store is ,i figured that they would say when I did use the store credit that it was TOO OLD and not valid anymore.
    So i told the owner that I wanted a battary for a Futaba Conquest tx and '''' showed him the MODLE number that I coppied down .He gave me one and said that it would work. Well when I got home [1 hour drive} the battary did not fit. I called and talked to him and he said that he would order one and CALL ME when it came in, [in a few days]. well its been about 2 weeks now, and still NO PHONE CALL.
    .....DON'T GO TO [ rc hobbies and more ] in Winsted ct. if you want good servicel.
    I should take them to Small Claims Court, just for wasting all my time and not calling , Like they said they would.
    This is a very Bad way to run a business....
    John
    Buy from the net and save money also.

hay do you know his email ..... maybe post a you tube video say how much his shop stinks
    and we all chime in later conntaxman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dude7422 , Im all done with that store.They screwed me once and got my money, I won't let that happen,I also told the ....BBB..... and the police dept in their town.
    All I say to Others, don't support.... RC HOBBIES AND MORE in winsted ct ....phone# is 8607387534
    Their only out for Money...""" what goes around Comes around."""

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

None of ThunderbirdJunkie's local hobby shops take returns on electronics (servos, batteries, receivers, etc) in any condition. You should feel grateful that they offered you store credit.
    ORIGINAL: conntaxman

I should take them to Small Claims Court, just for wasting all my time and not calling , Like they said they would.
    This is a joke, right?
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Doug47

What a stupendous bore.
    I wouldn't have returned his money either.
    The cheap shots at the store by naming them in CAPS expose the real intent.
    Pray tell, did you not still need the battery ? What was the part number you gave them and what did you get ?
    The BS lite is flashing.
    So, the battery you got won't fit, but it was so close that when you picked it up you didn't notice?
    When you got home though NOW you could suddenly tell it wouldn't fit without removing it from the package ? Hmmm.
    Well when I got home [1 hour drive} the battary did not fit.
    How DID you find out that it wouldn't fit by not removing it from the package anyway ?
    Maybe they're a little ticked at you for treating them like idiots in your eyes, just like the way you're trying to snow us.
    Nice try.
    There's more to the story. That hobby shop knows it and so does the 'victim'.
    Also Im tring to help other people out.
    [sm=72_72.gif]
    You did. If ever in town I'll go out of my way to buy from them.
    Doug
    After actually having read the entire thread it is obvious that you did not even carefully read the first post... you should try again.

I bought a tx battary from Rc Hobbies and more in winsted ct and i ended up not needing it, so I brought it back for a Refund. Rc Hobbies and more - would NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. They gave me a store credit.I told them that I wouldn't need anything from them for a long time and that I needed the money that I spent on this battary. Seeing how bad this store is ,i figured that they would say when I did use the store credit that it was TOO OLD and not valid anymore.
    So i told the owner that I wanted a battary for a Futaba Conquest tx and "" showed him the MODLE number that I coppied down .He gave me one and said that it would work. Well when I got home [1 hour drive} the battary did not fit.
    I called and talked to him and he said that he would order one and CALL ME when it came in, [in a few days]. well its been about 2 weeks now, and still NO PHONE CALL.
    .....DON'T GO TO [ rc hobbies and more ] in Winsted ct. if you want good servicel.
    He did not open the package of the original battery he was returning... he did open the package of the battery he got in exchange and it didn't fit. You seem to think that the first battery he returned and the second battery that did not fit are the same... they are not.

As for this entire thread.... many stores will not give you a return on certain items. For instance, you can't return swimwear or underwear, you can't return software unless it's for the EXACT same software (most places won't even allow it). This is nothing new and is to protect the store from fraudulent claims whose cost is just passed on to all other customers. If you buy something with a no return policy then do what most people do, sell it online at a loss. I think the OP was lucky to get even the store credit as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You should have said it was not working right? or a intermittent Break? Use your head! Besides I Know him and The proper attitude with your presentation will go far with him! He is a good guy and I would go there anytime! Besides 99% OF THE TIME HE HAS WHATEVER YOU NEED ! I SAY SHOP THERE JUST PRESENT YOURSELF WITH RESPECT !
    At what point does it become too much?? **NEVER**

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12