Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

CX2 Vibration.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 AM
/dev/null
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 Vibration.

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />Hello all!

Well here is myfirstpost... First I would like to say how cool of a forum and community you guys have going on here.

Well to my question...

I recently heavily upgraded my CX2 and it no longer looks stock... Since the upgrades my tailboom and thebodyof the heli vibrates like crazy... Is there any way to stop this vibration? I looked at the inner shaft, outer shaft, or even the fly bar to see if there where bended but everything looks normal.

Any ideas?

TIA!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 PM
DreamHeliProducts

Default RE: CX2 Vibration.

Is it a vibration or is it tail wiggle? If it's vibration, it could be that the blades aren't balanced, bent shaft, flybar shaft not centered, flybar weights not equally out on the ends of the flybar, etc. If it's tail wiggle, it could be your gyro gain needs to be turned down ever-so-slightly.

You said you've really upgraded it, did you by chance install a brushless system? If so, these will cause tail wiggle unless you turn the gyro gain down.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:17 AM
/dev/null

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />DreamHeliProducts,

I check the Flybar, the outer shaft, and inner shaft and none seem bend or out of place. I am going to buy a newinnershaft gear it seems has a bit of awobble.
The motors are theExtreme 180SE.I beenLookingat your Brushless System but I was told that the CX2 blades can not handle the brushless system....
Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 AM
DreamHeliProducts

Well thank you for giving Dream Heli Products a look-over. About your comment, I'm wondering why you think the CX2 blades couldn't handle a brushless system.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:03 AM
/dev/null

DHP,

Thanks for the reply. I might buy the brushless motors along with some blades from your site. Looking in to it now.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 AM
DreamHeliProducts

Great, just let us know how we can help, or if you have any questions. We also carry an unbreakable landing gear for the CX2 that hasn't made it onto the website yet (same style as our CX3 skids & includes an updated battery box). Thanks again!