Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli storage

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:24 PM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli storage

Hello all, I have just made the leap of faith to helis, one of the problems Im haveing is a place to keep them nice and safe. I do have a nice little room in the house thats my computer room/ hobby storage room. I have a little room in there that I can build another set of shelves just for the helis. Im new at helis but ive been collecting them and getting ready for flight, my collection consist of a blade mcx2, a blade 120 sr, a blade 400, a trex 450 3d, and a thunder tiger 60 nitro setup. Not to mention all the goodies that go with each. Here is a few pics of my plane room. Im really want it something that can be built rather cheaply but strong and durable, I figure I have about 8ft x 5ft of wall left to add to. Thank you all and I hope to see and share some ideas out there somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24637.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1784588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75062.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1784589  
Old 07-22-2012, 05:33 PM
SCOTT42

Default RE: Heli storage

Im thinking of adding some shelves here above my computer on both walls right in the corner, basicly right where my posters are.

Name:	Yw68091.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1784591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96082.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1784592  
Old 07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the set-up inside my trailer, I've got horizontal shelves in my hobby room and these in my trailer. Keeps the helis tight to the wall and they fit side-by-side.

Just regular wire shelving from any hardware store. The back of the skids go into the "bent" part of the shelf and a zip tie goes over the front of the skis. I added a piece of wood to the wire self to rest the skids to keep the vertical fin from poking holes in the walls as the helis bounce dound the road. On a fixed installation I believe it is not needed.

Rafael

Name:	Lj22225.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1784845  
Old 07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
SCOTT42

Thats what im talkin about right there, I think that might just do the trick. I think I would only need one peice, and then i could add some peg board next to it for all the parts and rest of the gear that would hang from it. Thank you.

Scott
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

Here is the set-up inside my trailer, I've got horizontal shelves in my hobby room and these in my trailer. Keeps the helis tight to the wall and they fit side-by-side.

Just regular wire shelving from any hardware store. The back of the skids go into the ''bent'' part of the shelf and a zip tie goes over the front of the skis. I added a piece of wood to the wire self to rest the skids to keep the vertical fin from poking holes in the walls as the helis bounce dound the road. On a fixed installation I believe it is not needed.

Rafael
Great storage idea Rafael23cc
Old 07-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: rotor09
Thanks but I can't claim the idea. The previous owner of the trailer (another RCers) had it done.

Rafael
Old 07-24-2012, 03:45 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

ORIGINAL: rotor09
Thanks but I can't claim the idea. The previous owner of the trailer (another RCers) had it done.

Rafael
Either way, it is a brilliant idea that is rather inexpensive and using easily obtained items. My hat is off to him.

Thanx again for showing it to us.