Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

big co-ax

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Old Vetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big co-ax

I would like to purchase a large co-ax that I can fly outdoors on a calm day. I like the co-axials because they are my speed. I tried a SR and all I got was fristrated. I now have a mcx2 and really enjoy it but sometimes I would like to go outside where there is more room. My question is this My choice is for a Walkera 400D, or a Century Razor CX. How hard is it to get parts for either one of these? Are there any other choices that I am not aware of? I want slow and steady. Thanks
Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
trickle007

Default RE: big co-ax

! own a Walkera Lama 400 and its just a giant paper weight at this point. It terrible outdoors even on the calmest days. It not a bad chopper if ya got a couple of 1000 sq. feet to fly indoors but outdoors its just not good. Helidirect does offer parts for it. You may want to look at an fixed pitch heli if ya wanna have some fun outdoors. I own a Eflite MSR and dont let the size fool you it is a very beginner friendly model and can fly outdoors in some light win, you can also check out the eflite blade 120 SR it is the same thing as the msr but a little bit bigger making outdoor flight more achievable and they both about the same price. think like a 20 dollar difference. Good Luck

Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Beachcomber

I have an E-Sky Big Lama co-ax heli, aprox 20" long, and it does ok outdoors in wind up aprox 6 or 7 mph. Above that and you're so focused on keeping control, it's not fun anymore. I expect the 400D should be about the same.

Another option would be a single rotor with 45 degree flybar (instead of 90 degree). They are almost as stable as co-ax and you have a little more control outdoors. Not sure but I think the largest like this is something like the walkera cb180.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
midntpumkin

give this a try , its as big as my 450 and flys good outside on 0 wind days
http://www.xheli.com/68688-fxdheli-red.html
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, just reading the title made me think of this heli:

Taken from here:
[link]http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t317058p1/?top=1282166771[/link]

After reading a bit, I realized that you are still talking about a small coaxial.

Rafael