Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

motor making tones

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
heliac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor making tones

when i plug in the battery on my copterx 450me the motor sends out a series of tones followed by a single beep. then it repeats the tones followed by 2 beeps, then 3 beeps, etc, up to 6beeps then it starts all over again. meanwhile nothing will respond to the tx. anyone have any idea why? thanks for any help with this.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: motor making tones

Sounds like your esc is in programming mode. Depending on what kind of esc it is, you should be able to look up a manual online that will tell you how to program it by using the sticks on the TX. Just be careful you don't have an accidental start-up. If you are not real sure about the programming procedure you should at least remove the main rotor blades while doing it so nobody gets hurt if it accidentally starts up.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:39 AM
heliac

thanks alot for the info.  i'll see what i can look up on it.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:58 AM
heliac

thanks for your help jerrymac. i looked up the info for programming the esc, but the esc will not respond to the tx. when i move the throttle to center position as instructed nothing happens. any ideas? thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 08:45 PM
tdmoss61

Sometimes the position of the throttle trim has an effect on arming, and maybeit mighthave the same effect on programmibg too depending on the esc. Just check and make sure that the throttle trim is at the halfway mark or below when you try to program or arm it...
Old 09-10-2010, 01:55 PM
heliac

thanks  tdmoss61 but that doesn't help either. just simply seems to be stuck in program mode.  i'm having someone look at it saturday morning.   thank you both for your help. it's great to know theres somewhere you can get help like that.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                    heliac