RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Helicopter Beginners Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-beginners-forum-165/)
-   -   Heli with Cameras (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-beginners-forum-165/11143142-heli-cameras.html)

jwrt19 07-04-2012 03:16 PM

Heli with Cameras

I am looking for a quality (but not the most expensive) RC Heli with cameras. I don't know have a clue where to start. I am new to RC Helis and wanted this as a toy.

varietybuzz 07-15-2012 11:20 AM

RE: Heli with Cameras

If you are looking for a good RC helicopter that is good for both indoor and outdoor flight on calm days, and one that is not expensive, you might go for the JXD 355 RC Helicopter. It comes in a unique red color design with black metal frame, and it is capable of taking HD videos and photos during flight. Check out the above link, it is on sale + Free Shipping.
By the way, it comes with 1 GB Free memory card(external micro SD) and memory card reader.<br type="_moz" />

madmorgan 07-15-2012 12:31 PM

dont even listen to variety buzz on that cheap azz coax heli !!  variety you need to stop giving bogus info , just because u might have that pos doesnt mean you toss it out to new people like its a treat.  1st off jrt know this esp if your a new guy while that heli he posted might be cheap and easy to fly i doubt you will get much life from it nor would you be able to put much weight on it (like servos camera etc ) also you probably would have to make or adapt a cam mount. if you plan on taking up the hobby  theres a few things you need to know
1   this hobby isnt cheap !  it can be but in the end if you skimp on electronics etc you will end up spending more !
2  whats your budget, if you say well i can afford 50 dollars a month then thats fine save your money and read read read !  from what the buzz is on the street the quads are very agile and user freindly AND CAN MOUNT CAMS AND LIFT WEIGHT! . that pos that was mentioned above you would get bored with in  a week and if it breaks a peice you probably wont find replacement parts for it and YOU NEED A NO WINDY DAY OUTSIDE TO FLY IT! and can barely lift its own weight .
3   you will crash so rather than wait for parts its nice to be able to go to your local hobby store and buy a part if needed. once you have gotten the bug you will more than likely have 2 + models ready willing and able so if 1 goes down u order parts (cheaper) and u take another model out and get back to business at hand.
4   the quads arent cheap but you can get a rtr from eflight for a pretty decent price  or if your willing read read read and order the frame , electronics, batts and transmitter and reciever seperate, but know this you have to have some common sense and a touch of mechanical aptitude to assemble program and troubleshoot. dont worry theres plenty of posts out there on how to make a good 200 dollar quad  and since they posted what they did its probably cheaper now.

5    dont take this the wrond way variety but you cant recommend something like that to a total beginner (its a waste of time, money, and probably a reliable source of info as once he gets it and the battery doesnt last for 2 flights or theres something wrong right out of the box your ears will be ringing !)  dont get me wrong a coax is "fun and easy " for about  a hour but all it is , is a big waste as mentioned above and theres (all helpers on this site) barracuda, atv, me (for what its worth) goggles and a few other i probably failed to mention that will give you sound advice and answers (to the best of our knowledge) when needed. some times people post questions that the answer is unknown. most of the time you will be able to see the bs from the truth but not always.

6   its all about steps! for me i told myself do or die and i bought a blade 400 from eflight right out of the gate not knowing about these forums or anything about flying but for what its worth  if all you want to do is take photos or vids of the above looking down  then your better off going straight to a quad wether its a rtr (ready to run) or a built one (its always nice building your own because you learn and see how its made and what affects what) and so i have read they are very easy to learn on and much more forgiving on a oops !

ps theres always rcgroups and helifreaks (google is your friend)  all you have to do is know what your wondering about and be able to seperate the bs from the truth. remember no one here started out being able to power up any airbourne rc and could fly it like a pro  and a simulator and a local club will get you where you want to be alot quicker than if your going it alone.

goodluck

ATVAlliance 07-16-2012 06:08 AM

I think the quads are better for photo/video work because there is almost no vibration (unless one of the rotor blades is out of balance).  And vibration will kill your quality for sure.

The co-axial helis dont have much vibration...but dont have a lot of power so it will be hard to find one that will carry a camera that will take quality photos/videos.

FP is slightly more powerful, but then with some of the head designs, you will start seeing some vibes out of FP...and with all of the power that a CP has...there is even more chance for vibes to ruin a photo/video shoot.

Saying all of that.  IF you want a platform to do photography or video work with and end up with a great end result...the quad is the only way to go.

just my .02's

Rafael23cc 07-16-2012 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: varietybuzz
If you are looking for a good RC helicopter
With a login name exactly like the store name of the link you provided, you desrve to be reported for bringing the "market" to the forums.

ORIGINAL: jwrt19

I am looking for a quality (but not the most expensive) RC Heli with cameras. I don't know have a clue where to start. I am new to RC Helis and wanted this as a toy.
Why don't you learn about RC helicopters in general, and about the different aspects about the RC hobby before you think about strapping a camera to an RC aircraft. There are a bunch of ways to do it, you just need to do your homework. And that starts by learning to fly the aircraft first.

Give us a little more information about yourself. What kind of budget are you looking for? Initial investment is all I'm looking for.

Rafael

Goggles 07-17-2012 10:39 AM

Nuts, I missed what Variety said....but it sounded like a winner. ;)

madmorgan 07-17-2012 01:53 PM

lol variety posted a link to a unknown brand of coax with a camera attached im sure it was a great buy!