Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need a little advice please!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Need a little advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:35 PM
bigpapa1272

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little advice please!

Have a gentleman who is looking to sell me a jr ergo 60 and a century hawk 60 for 2 bill minus the electronics.

I am fairly new and dont know what to do so i figured some of you seasoned flyboys who might own or have owned these two birds might help me out .

First from the outset let me say that the pics show a little dirt but the frame and gears seem in good shape.

If any of you can tell me if they still make parts for these birds and where to get them.

Are there any inherent problems that these two have that i should know about and lastly does it seem like a good deal.

The guy is staight up and is a good man, but i think he is in the dark on these like i am.

Much appreciation for the inputs that yall can give.

Bigpapa
Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Need a little advice please!

The biggest problem that I see right off the bat, is that you are a newbie trying to learn. You will need a good supply of repair parts as you learn to fly these things. Those 2 helicopters have been discontinued for a while now, and parts might be hard to find.

When you say 2 bills, I hope you mean $200, and not $2000. that would be extremely expensive for 2 discontinued helicopters.

I would not suggest a discontinued helicopter to a newbie without an appropriate supply of parts.

Rafael
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, I would like to clarify your initial question. One of the helis cannot be a HAWK 60 because there was never such a heli. All versions of the HAWK were 30 sized helis for use with engines such as the OS32 or the OS-37.

If the Hawk you have is a 30, then the question, relative to parts availability is, what version? The initial version came out about 15 years ago and it has subsequently evolved in that time to the current Hawk Pro. It is as different from the initial version of the Hawk as the 2011 Honda Civic is from the 1996 Honda Civic).

If the one you have has a 10mm mainshaft (any version from the Hawk IV and onward), then parts from the current Hawk Pro would work with it.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 AM
bigpapa1272

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks there rotor for the heads up on the hawk.....that helps alot.

Also thanks to you there rafael and yes i meant 200...

After what rotor said i might ask him about the hawk as to what version it is..

I was wondering if you could tell me if there is an electric conversion for this heli....i am not close enough to an area where nitro is always welcome.

PS. What about gasser conversion?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 PM
rotor09

There is an article on a site that goes through the chronological evoloution of the Hawk series of helis. I will see if I can find it for you.

Yes there is an electric conversion for the century 30 sized Hawk, and their 50 sized Falcons, Ravens & the 50NX. I can't remember the part number off hand but I will check for you.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
rotor09

Here is a link to tghe conversion kit. It is designed to be used either direct motor to pimary gear or as some prefer (specially scale flyers) to also incorporate the clutch system.

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...prtnm=CN1000EC