Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Century Hummingbird ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Rabbit TD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century Hummingbird ?

I just got a new in the box Blackhawk 3d pro the other day for $25. It is a clone of a Century Hummingbird from what Ive been reading about it so far and it looks like it's been discontinued so parts aren't going to be available if needed and I'm sure I will eventualy need them. I've been wanting to build a heli from a kit from HK or someone like that and use my Spektrum DX6i. Should I go ahead with this or just forget it. It's definately not near as big as a 400 size so the electronics and motors and batteries wouldn't work in a 400 0r 450 size kit later on either. This is an ARF completely assembled with a torque tube shaft drive tail rotor. Hobbyking has the electronics very reasonable pricedbut how about the parts shortage situation on the airframe? Can you just put a different swashplate-rotorhead from another heli on it if needed. I'dl ike to do this if it is worth doing, I know now I probably should have just let it sit on the shelf. If not what kits do you recomend in a 400 to 500 size?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:39 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Century Hummingbird ?

ORIGINAL: Rabbit TD

I just got a new in the box Blackhawk 3d pro the other day for $25. It is a clone of a Century Hummingbird from what Ive been reading about it so far and it looks like it's been discontinued so parts aren't going to be available if needed and I'm sure I will eventualy need them. I've been wanting to build a heli from a kit from HK or someone like that and use my Spektrum DX6i. Should I go ahead with this or just forget it. It's definately not near as big as a 400 size so the electronics and motors and batteries wouldn't work in a 400 0r 450 size kit later on either. This is an ARF completely assembled with a torque tube shaft drive tail rotor. Hobbyking has the electronics very reasonable priced but how about the parts shortage situation on the airframe? Can you just put a different swashplate-rotorhead from another heli on it if needed. I'dl ike to do this if it is worth doing, I know now I probably should have just let it sit on the shelf. If not what kits do you recomend in a 400 to 500 size?
Who makes your Blackhawk?

The clone manufacturer will probably also make parts for it.

I have had a Hummingbirds (Standard FP, Elite CP and 3D Pro) for winter gym flying for many years, and have had a lot of fun with it. I am now getting low on parts, so it would be nice to see if the manufacturer of your helis makes parts as they would probably fit my Hummingbirds