Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Realflight G2 Pro simulator advice

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Realflight G2 Pro simulator advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 06:19 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight G2 Pro simulator advice

I just purchased Real Flight G2 Pro simulator, to learn to fly my Kyosho 46VR. I have a few questions for those of you who are familiar with Real Flight G2 system.

1. What model helicopter on the game should I start to learn on first, and then which one will most accurately simulate the capabilities of my 3D 46VR?

2. Assume my helicopter/radio have already been set up to work ideal by a experienced heli person. When I am ready to fly, without the aid a experienced pilot available, about how much time should I have on the simulator so that I have a fair chance of having a successful learning flight? Or is it more based on how quickly and proficiently, I can fly the sim, that will determine when I am ready for the "real" helicopter?

Any other suggestions from a experienced people who are willing to share something that might help?

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-18-2003, 07:46 AM
richmanli

1. What you like!
2. When you could hover very well.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:11 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

I've tried just about all of them, scale & pod and boom. I would say when you're comfortable hovering, then try it on the real thing, with training gear. The training gear saved me because the tail & gyro weren't set correctly and as soon as it took off the first time, it just went spinning up into the air. So I spun it back down G2 is Great! Practice on it anytime you get a chance. I would only try it on the real heli until you get comfortable doing it in RF G2. I have to say though, the first time you try anything on the real heli, you will be nervous, G2 doesn't help much with that But it does give you a GREAT feel on how to handle the heli. The one thing I try to do in RF G2 is act like its my real helicopter. When I get into trouble I try everything not to crash. I believe that helped me with my last episode. I didn't "freak" so much when it went spinning up.
Joe
Old 08-20-2003, 02:45 AM
vyprxrs

hey todd.
where in denver are you? I live in ft collins but work in northglenn.
i can help ya if you need. we try to fly up here on sundays.
g2 till you cant stand it then get out and burn some fuel!!
oh and get a rotopod if you can. best gear imo.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:12 AM
DSA.308

Im in Aurora but graduated from High school in Ft. Collins! I might take you up on that offer. You got AOL messenger? My handle is toddmarsh40cal, lets chat if you got a second?
Old 08-22-2003, 06:19 AM
DSA.308

I got the G2 today, and already have 10 hours on the simulator. I'm actually moderate at hovering already. This is a absolute must have for a new-be heli pilot. Just the way it trains you as to what movement of the sticks does what, is really a good simulation. I couldn't believe how well even the smallest input affects the heli. I wouldn't have stood a chance without this G2, what a awesome product! well worth the $200.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:35 AM
johntheroadie

Default G2

Todd:

You're right on, G2 is awesome. It taught me how to fly airplanes, and it also taught me that all you guys who fly heli's deserve TONS of respect because it ain't as easy as some make it seem....

Here lately I've been wanting to get into a Heli and I've actually been making a conscious effort at hovering on realflight. It's an absolute must-have...not a bad investment compared to several wrecked helicopters...

john
Old 08-23-2003, 03:50 AM
DSA.308

If this simulator is like my rc heli it would have me believe that I can fly the RC heli now. I can hover for a entire tank of gas over and over without any problems. I'm starting to do some nose down forward flight, and just kind of hovering around the landscape. I hope this simulator isn't misleading, because I'm really excited to try the real deal now!
Old 08-23-2003, 04:03 AM
pilot77

youll have no probs todd if u can hover it fine on the sim. it is not to misleading at all. Just as a prevoius poster pointed out it will seem different because of your nerves. but dun let that scare you off, with training gear and time on the sim under your belt you have nothing to worry about. pick a day when there is not too much breeze and go for it. youll do fine. the sim will give u all the confidence to know what will happen when u give a certain command. sims are priceless i can't speak highly enough about them. these things are not as difficult as peopel make them out to be, with sims and trainng gera. good luck.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:05 AM
pilot77

p.s.
nose in becomes a breeze thanks to the sim. i was hovering nose in my second trip out,and i am nothing special, its all coz of time on the sim..
Old 08-23-2003, 05:16 AM
DSA.308

thats good to hear!
Old 08-23-2003, 05:22 PM
randy41

You get a better selection of helis if you get the add ons.
Its not a must to learn basics though.
I fly the caliber 30 on G-2 mostly. I modified the paint scheme.
To get the caliber 30 you have to have add on 4.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:20 PM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

everybodys right about the g2 it is a great tool/toy! and vyprxrs is a cool guy to fly with wev flown a few times,one more peice of advice for g-2 leave the pilot at the pit area where it starts you,the flying behind or in the heli while fun isnt a whole bunch of help,and also practice some auto's while ya shouldnt need em yet i did manage to run my bird out of fuel on the third tank while hovering about a foot or so off the ground,once you have the g2 helis down the real thing is actually easyer than the sim in my opin!
Old 08-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Lynx

One thing the fly from the cockpit is good for is all the people out there that want video feeds from their helli's. You can just throw in an extra window, set it to fly from cockpit and put it in the corner. You know what it'll be like =>