Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

help please

Old 08-09-2011, 04:31 PM
xTHExSA1NTx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

new to helis, can you help me figure out which plug goes into each port on the receiver? align 450 is what I have
Old 08-09-2011, 07:42 PM
droggy66

Default RE: help please

what kind of receiver?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

typically port 1 is usually throttle then 2 is right cycic servo 3 is elevator 4 is the 3 wire from gyro 5 is the single wire from gyro 6 is the left cyclic servo  but you can use a servo to plug into each and move your stick and figure out which 1 is which but make sure your motor wires are unplugged and you have  rx powered up and bound to tx
Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Do a google search on Finless Bob Setup Videos

You will find all the information you need.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: madmorgan

typically port 1 is usually throttle then 2 is right cycic servo 3 is elevator 4 is the 3 wire from gyro 5 is the single wire from gyro 6 is the left cyclic servo but you can use a servo to plug into each and move your stick and figure out which 1 is which but make sure your motor wires are unplugged and you have rx powered up and bound to tx
That would definitely work if the OP had a Spektrum or JR radio. I know for a fact that Futaba plug assignment is different.

The suggestion to look for the Finless' Videos is a good one, as is the reading of the manual that came with the radio. Letting us know what kind of radio we are talking about is also a good piece of information to have.

Rafael
Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM
xTHExSA1NTx

its a jr r700
Old 08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
xTHExSA1NTx

Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 AM
xTHExSA1NTx

Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM
xTHExSA1NTx

I'm guessing I've got something backwards, when I throttle up it wont lift of, these guys last night were talking about swash and all kinds of stuff, this is my first heli and I have no clue what they are talking about!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Rafael23cc

Read up on CCPM programming of helicopters. The Finless' Videos are perfect for it. If I recall correctly, he goes thru the entire process of setting up a TRex 450. So you could just follow that.

I can see from your pictures that you have nothing plugged into the Aux1 channel. That is where the pitch servo is supposed to connect. The other two cyclic servos (elev and ail) connect to the labeled ports on the receiver. From there you HAVE TO PROGRAM THE RADIO. If you do not know how to do it, I STRONGLY suggest that you get in contact with local pilots to give you a hand and prevent your first experience with helicopters to become a sour one. Believe me, your experience with helicopters WILL become sour / painful / expensive if you do not know what you are doing. And I can clearly see that you do not know.

Here is a diagram that will help you identify which servo gets connected to which port on the receiver: Just line up the arrow with the frames. If I recall correctly, the arrow points towards the tail on the TRex 450. Duh! there is a picture of a TRex 450 right there on the post. Yes, the arrow on these diagrams point towards the tail.

Rafael

Edit: studied the posted pictures a little better and adjusted my post accordingly.
Attached Images   
Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

looks like my info woulda been right on then huh lol
Old 08-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Rafael23cc

ORIGINAL: madmorgan

looks like my info woulda been right on then huh lol
Yes, except that depending on the radio (ie. 9303 vs DX6) the gyro gain gets connected to the Aux2 port instead of the gear channel. The governor, if installed, gets connected to the gear channel. Otherwise, luckily your assumption of Spektrum/JR assignment was correct.

Rafael
Old 08-11-2011, 05:17 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to research more before you attempt to fly. A 450 gets out of the "toy" relm as it can hurt you or someone else. You need to know what the parts of a helicopter do. IE the "swash", pitch links, gyro, each servo and how they react. You also need to understand your radio and throttle curves, pitch curves and gyro gain, trim and sub trim. The finless will get you up to speed on all the parts and how to set up a helicopter correctly. Set-up is everything. Also, if you crash, you need to do it all over again to ensure the helicopter is safe.