Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Trex 600N 3D Setup Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Jame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 600N 3D Setup Help

Hoping someone can kindly help out with a good 3D setup for my Trex 600N, Ive been flying Heli's for 3 months and can fly basic sport routines, Inverted Hover and Im currently learning to fly backwards, Ive started to learn basic 3D, starting with Tic Toc' but Im struggling with this, every time I pull on the elevator to back into the Tic Toc, I can only do around 3 - 4 before I lose height quite quickly, Ive read that this may be due to Over Pitching the blades and bogging down, Im running around 12 degress of positive and negative pitch with quite a high rate of elevator movement aswell, Am I doing something wrong setup wise or has someone had the same problem when learning this trick. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jamie
Old 08-25-2011, 05:23 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Trex 600N 3D Setup Help

First, to do tic-tocs you direct it with the elevator but push the helicopter back and forth with the collective.

I'm not sure what "quite a lot" of elevator means, you should put a pitch gauge on and measure your cyclic throws. Blades will bog and blade stall can occur with too much pitch regardless of the power you have.