Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Her or the Heli

Old 08-24-2003, 12:10 PM
zipnsplat
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Her or the Heli

My wife gave me an ultimatum: her or the heli. What do you think I should do? Advice needed!

-Zip
Old 08-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I word of advice

Take the Heli, She will just make you choose her or something else down the road. It is not fun, I am going thru that **** right now. Luckily my wife does not want anything to do with my models. Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Jim C.

Default Her or the Heli

holy crap man.. that sucks.. sorry she is being like that!! i told my wife when we started seeing each other that i was flying before i met her and im not gonna give it up. if she didnt like it there was the door. but she stayed so she seems to be cool with it. but all in all i agree with motorman. itll be her or something else down the road. keep your head up!!
Old 08-24-2003, 03:51 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Default If you're serious

If you're really serious and not kidding, I say Big Red Flag. Like the other guys said, it will just be something else you want to do down the road and she'll give you the same ultimatum. I know, been there done that, my first wife wouldn't let me do/buy anything, plus after 9 years of marriage I caught her cheating. Divorced her *** in a hurry. I'm married again, for 3 years now, and she has No problems with Any of my hobbies. She's actually quite enthusiastic about them.
In any case if it is true I am very sorry to hear that,,, really sucks
Good Luck!!
Joe
Old 08-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Diverig

Default That sucks

I have been married for 12 years now and its going rather well now but in the beginning it was not so great.

My wife made some similar demands but that changed when she came home one day and found ALL HER STUFF in the front yard and the lock changed on the front door.

After that it has been pretty good.

Now I am not saying that this is what you should do, it is always better to talk it out first but when all else fails one has to take drastic actions.

IF a relationship cannot bend a Little it will break.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:52 PM
elmote

Default Again?

Seems to be going around. Derrick (Warlock) is in the same boat, judging by his recent SALE post. Goodluck Guys, and stick to your guns/principles.

Elmo Te
Old 08-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default Her or the Heli

Any ideas why she is making this demand?

If there is stress because essential things like paying bills, food and family activities are not being properly attended too. Maybe she is not just being a drama queen.

If it is because you are paying too much attention to the heli, and not enough on her (the way it should be ) Just ignore her demand but be nicer to her.

No doubt, your marriage is important, give it careful consideration. annother reason to be carefull is divorce is often reeeeeaallly expensive, you stand to loose your wife AND your heli.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:26 AM
zipnsplat

Default Her or the Heli

Naw guys, I she's just pullin' my leg, BUT it is a big source of frustration for her sometimes because of the expense. I've learned that there has to be a balance there. Overall, I think she is fine with it.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
fabricator

Default Her or the Heli

Family is important, do not spend too much on heli, then see what will happen. If she still want you make a choice then you can make a choice, you know what I mean!?
Old 08-25-2003, 11:48 AM
SalsettiA

Default Her or the Heli

Hello,

Then I'm sorry to tell you, but you need to hold a little your expenses.
I hope for you, that your wife is just warning you, because she noticed that there should also be other important projects in your couple than helis.
Keep your marriage safe. If you have one or two helis that fly well, I'm sure you can have enough fun with them without updating them every year or buying a new one every time, there is something new.
I'm sure you'll be able to keep both passion reconciled.

To ensure that my girlfriend do not forbid me to go to fly, I take her with me during the weekend, when the other wifes come to the field too. Then she has fun talking to them and I can fly the day long! Try to make her appreciate this social side of the hobby.

Good luck
Old 08-25-2003, 12:13 PM
fabricator

Default Her or the Heli

Originally posted by SalsettiA
Hello,

Then I sorry to tell you, but you need to hold a little your expenses.
I hope for you, that your wife is just warning you, because she noticed that there should also be other important projects in your couple then helis.
Keep your marriage safe. If you have one or two helis that fly well, I'm sure you can have enough fun with them without updating them every year or buying a new one every time, there is something new.
I'm sure you'll be able to keep both passion reconciled.

To ensure that my girlfriend do not forbid me to go to fly, I take her with me during the weekend, when the other wifes come to the field too.
Then she has fun talking to them and I can fly the day long! Try to make her appreciate this social side of the hobby.

Good luck
good! Same as my opinion!
Old 08-25-2003, 01:47 PM
VELOCYRAPTOR

Default Her or the Heli

zipnsplat:
Do you have children?If do, their happiness must be your first priority then...
Try to find win-win solution... Personally I asked to my family one day a week (assually saturday) then I can burn at least 1 jug all day long.....
Sunday is family day.... I never touched my heli.....
For set up the heli, I usssually do it after all go to the bed in the night, I think 1 hour a day is more than enough for it. I have two kids and two helis here.

Albertus
Old 08-25-2003, 03:02 PM
ppljr
My Feedback: (94)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Her or the Heli

My wife is real cool about the helis, but when I get that..."look" and am constantly searching the web for a good price, she will start to ask questions. I just "recycle" my stuff. If I want a new heli, I sell an old one. My wife knows that I will most likely take a loss, but she appreciates the fact that I am not "collecting". As far as spending time with the wife and kid, I do all my stuff late in the PM (unless my wife gives me a reason to go to bed early ). I get to go flying on SAT. (sometimes on SUN if I can talk my wife into going to 5:00 mass). You just have to put things into perspective. Plus if you think seting up a new heli is a b!tch, try breaking in a new wife .

Pedro
Old 08-25-2003, 08:05 PM
Ichibon_KoKojin

Default Her or the Heli

I was out of work for a year and a half... NO INCOME from my side only my wife... I decided that I wanted to fly Heli... as I grew up with RC.

My wife said exven though the bills were tight and i had no extra income... GO FOR IT.

This is due in part to my making her feel SAFE, comfortable and most of all RESPONSIBLE in managing the FAMILY BILLS.

Long story short CRASHED the Q30 pro 4 times and totaled it out.
i am now flying a Sceadu 50 and working at a great company.

It's all in how We make our women feel... that make them shut us down when we want to fly.... I keeps my lady happy and she lets my buy and do anything that I want...

CHECK IT OUT>
http://HOWFAM.BlueScreenTriage.com:82

I live it everday.

KoKo
Old 08-25-2003, 11:17 PM
dannyfy188

Default Her or the Heli

Take the heli. It doesn't ***** and you can always pay for a hooker.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:11 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Default Her or the Heli

Zip,
Post pictures of her and the heli; I'll get back with you.

Tom

PS: pictues should be with canopy off.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:35 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Default Her or the Heli

Try to maintain a good balance of your time between your models and family. A wife's warning telling to chose betweeen her and your models is a call for attention. If you value her, and if she is sensible she may be able to compromize with you on a 50/50 level.

I know this is not a marriage counseling topic but the best marriages are the ones were both people can recognize their pros and cons and are willing to compromise something to make it work. That is after all what any marriage is all about. Nothing is perfect, but if you work at it it can go a long way!.

If you love your wife think of her as a beautiful rose that may need a bit of water.

Best of Luck
Old 08-26-2003, 04:46 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default Her or the Heli

If she is in the class of Shania Twain, Gwyneth Paltrow, Heidi Klum etc, etc, etc you may CONSIDER keeping her...otherwise the Helicopter wins.

Post a photo poll, let RCU decide!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 05:26 PM
zipnsplat

Default hmm.. a poll

Poll would be cool. I bet the helo would win! Really guys, my wife is A OK with my hobbies. I make the same ultimatums (jokingly) on her and her "shopping sprees" (clothes that is). Like I said, there has to be a balance there and I would say that we are definitely balanced. She has her monthly personal allowance budget and I have mine. We can do whatever we want with it but once it's gone, you have to scrounge until the beg, of the next month. So that means for me, I am scrounging for 30 out of 31 days of the month b/c I blow it all in the 1st day!!!

GREENBOOT: PIC of her without the canopy? hmmm... We'll see about that.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:29 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default Her or the Heli

He, He, He without the canopies! What a great idea!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:18 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Her or the Heli

I have a couple of helos, and if I had as much trouble out of my wife as I do out of those darn helis, I would gotten rid of her along time ago. She is a pretty good catch if I say so myself. Helis come and go but a good woman is hard to find.
Tommy
Old 08-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Default Her or the Heli

It depends, what does she look like? If she looks like a super model, take up night flying and hide your helis in the basment.

Otherwise, i'd pick the helicopters.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:31 AM
hkIIIflyr

Default Her or the Heli

Wow Zip,
You sure did stir up a can of worms
later hwk
Old 08-27-2003, 12:49 PM
twguns

Default Her or the Heli

I think we would need to see a pic of your wife to make that recomendation...

bT
Old 08-27-2003, 05:15 PM
aashu
My Feedback: (6)

Default Well

The comparision is not fair .. First of all , can we trade both of em ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.