Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Whats The Best Sim?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 05:48 PM
lusamoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats The Best Sim?

Could someone advise me what is the best PC sim for me to get i have a sanwa dr6000 super and would like to use this with the sim if i can
Old 08-31-2003, 07:17 PM
zipnsplat
My Feedback: (33)

Default Best SIM

RealFlight G2.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:09 AM
Diverig

I second G2 real flight
Old 09-01-2003, 10:45 AM
ez-flier

Most definately Real Flight G2, it OWNS!!!!! Good luck,
Aaron
Old 09-04-2003, 06:45 PM
tindra

Reflex!
No question about it!
Peter
Old 09-04-2003, 07:20 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RF G2

RealFlight G2 Kicks Simulator Bootie!!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Galifrey

Reflex...

nothing else is close especially G2 which is the gamers choice

Old 09-05-2003, 06:48 PM
rcjames1

If your computer uses windows 98 then I suggest CSM v10, made in england
Old 09-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Ian.W

AEROFLY PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:40 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Whats The Best Sim?

G2 is the "gamers choice?" As in you think its a "game" and not a accurate simulator? WHATEVER! I would take that comment with a VERY SMALL GRAIN of NOTHING, as it portains to REALITY and FACTUAL INFORMATION. I learned to fly with NOTHING but G2. No instructor, no prior experience, and I have burned through 4 entire galons of fuel without a single mishap. And it sure as hell wasnt because G2 is a "GAME", its the ONLY reason the blades have stayed right side up, without a crash yet.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:18 PM
DustOffUH1

I TOTALY agree with Todd. In NO WAY is G2 a game. I'm sure the people who wrote the software would have a few choice words. I've read MANY articles on G2, which received raved reviews as far as ACTUALLY simulating flight, true physics & all, as well as have been using myself for the past 3 months. G2 is a SIMULATOR in every way. Galifrey, are you sure your not confusing it with MS Flight Sim 2003
Joe
Old 09-10-2003, 01:58 AM
slavik

Reading all the answers it doesn't get clear WHY do you guys prefer G2 against other simulators?
I am curious to know if someone could compare G2 with Aerofly. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:29 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I couldnt say one way or the other how G2 compares to the competition because I havent used anything else. I can say with a fair amount of certainty due to firsthand knowledge, that G2 simulates Helicopter flight, and hovering moreso, to a absolute T. I can understand wanting the best sim for your money, but if your ultimate goal is to learn to fly, I wouldnt get all technical, about which sim is going to teach you better than the other. I imagine they will all teach the reactions needed to control a R/C aircraft, but when it comes time to do the "real" thing, NOTHING is a substitute for the real life experience, its just that simple. They are all simulators, and as such, they do as intended......SIMULATE. Thats all, nothing more.....and nothing less. No matter how realistic one might seem than the other, it really doesnt crack the nut in the real world. Do your simulator time, and then go fly for real....and then sell your simulator at the point where your more productive on the flying field than on the simulator. I would imagine that if I wasnt going to move into 3D flying, the simulator would have about allready done all it can. The hover on the sim, is SUPER accurate, allthough the 3D is somewhat "softened". I say this because I am doing hovering flips backward/forward and hovering rolls right/left on the sim, but not in real life. Maybe I could, but if replacing your heli isnt a option you tend to stick with whats comfortable. For me thats hovering, and limited forwrd flight for now at least.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:55 AM
DustOffUH1

Todd said it well. I've read in this forum where people just use the free sim, and get along with that. Personnaly I tried that & it didn't appeal to me. So G2 is basically the only sim I've used also. The reason why I purchased G2 over other sims, was because of the articles I've read about it, and reading threads on RCU, and RR. The sim, most likely any decent simulator I feel is a must. It saved me hundreds in crash kits. BUT like Todd said there's nothing at all like the real thing. You could be calm as ever on a sim, but I guarentee when you go to fly your real rc heli, the nerve factor goes way up. I never sweat so much b4 in my entire life, but its a great deal of fun
Anyway, unfortunately I do not believe there are any sims that will let you "test" them, "shareware" except for the free one. So just do your research like you are doing, go to the different websites where they sell them and chek em all out. All I can say is to me, my personnal opinion G2 is a fantastic simulator, and I am NOT sorry I spent the money for it. I'm glad I did Hope this helps.
Joe