Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

JR Venture 30 engine options

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

JR Venture 30 engine options

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 PM
dabigboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR Venture 30 engine options

I have been pondering a new engine for my Venture 30.....I have a Webra .35 in it now, which seems like a great engine, but the heli feels a bit large for the .35........I've heard this heli does a lot better with something closer to a good strong .50 engine. I'm not doing anything crazy with the heli yet, but I'd like to get into rolls/flips etc (already done a few with a past helicopter) and some light inverted stuff. The .35 seems far too anemic in this bird to do any serious aerobatics comfortably, in fact sometimes I'm pushing close to full collective just to weather the insane Oklahoma wind gusts. Plus I'm having trouble keeping the thing running well....finally got it tuned in, and then it started randomly sputtering for a second or two at a time! Many flights and many adjustments have been fruitless so far, I'm about to take it out of the heli and mount it to the test bench with a prop and do further diagnostics.

Anyways, just wondering what engines specifically are known to fit the Venture .30. Any .50 size?

Matt

Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: JR Venture 30 engine options

OS 37

If you get into a 50 you're looking at a different mount pattern and gearing.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Venture 30 engine options

+1 to the OS37H. Much more power then the Webra.

The Webra in its' day was an OK engine, comparable to the older OS32FH, but a far cry from even the more recent OS32SXH that was replaced by the even more powerful OS37.

The Venture 30 was one of the most heavy 30 sized helis ever produced, but it should still do rolls and loops easily with an OS37.