Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need help with a Blade 400

When I go to throttle up it gets off the ground a little then cuts out. Any thoughts?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need help with a Blade 400

Yes the Blade 400    I learned to fly on that heli and I have a soft soft for it.

It seams like you could have bad speed controller,  but before I would choose that I would look at the motor itself.
    The bearings on the motor take a lot of abuse.   If you have a bearing going out it would put an extra load on the speed controller which would cause the speed controller to shut itself down.    Have you ever put oil on the bearings? 
    I learned the hard way that the bearings should get some oil once or twice a season.   I went through a few motors.
    You can pull the motor out and see if there is any play in the shaft.

Good luck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need help with a Blade 400

if it came out of the box with a eflight battery i would check the battery as mine did the same thing on the 3rd flight out of the box. for some reason  eflight put a circuit board on the batts and i found that one of my cells were dead because the chip went bad.
    if you dont know you better ask somebody ! usarmy active 1989-1997, 1990 desert sheild /desert storm, 1993 somolia .