Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Castle ice 50 BEC capabillities

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Castle ice 50 BEC capabillities

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 PM
rcpilot1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle ice 50 BEC capabillities

I was wondering if the bec in the ice 50 is ok powering 3 ds415m digitals and 1 Futaba s9257 for the tail and a Futaba gy520 guiding it.On my 2 fbl helies i have 3 ds415 digitals in the cyclic, 1 turnegy s306 digital in the tail and a copter x 3x1000 fbl unit in the Beam E4 fbl,and the same setup in the mini titan v2 fbl with an power hd 3688hb digital tail servo is the only difference.All helis have a Turnegy sk3 helidrive motor and the castle ice 50,with the exception of the furion 450 witch has a scorpion commander 60amp.

will the ice 50 bec be ok with the 3 align ds415m servos and the power hd tail servo.As well as the furion 450 with the 3 align ds415m digital cyclic servos and the futaba s9257 tail servo.I looked around but cant find the amp draw of the align servos so maby someone could help.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:06 AM
ATVAlliance

Default RE: Castle ice 50 BEC capabillities

ORIGINAL: rcpilot1982

I was wondering if the bec in the ice 50 is ok powering 3 ds415m digitals and 1 Futaba s9257 for the tail and a Futaba gy520 guiding it.On my 2 fbl helies i have 3 ds415 digitals in the cyclic, 1 turnegy s306 digital in the tail and a copter x 3x1000 fbl unit in the Beam E4 fbl,and the same setup in the mini titan v2 fbl with an power hd 3688hb digital tail servo is the only difference.All helis have a Turnegy sk3 helidrive motor and the castle ice 50,with the exception of the furion 450 witch has a scorpion commander 60amp.

will the ice 50 bec be ok with the 3 align ds415m servos and the power hd tail servo.As well as the furion 450 with the 3 align ds415m digital cyclic servos and the futaba s9257 tail servo.I looked around but cant find the amp draw of the align servos so maby someone could help.
If this is a 450 size heli...I would assume that the 50 would be just fine, overkill if you will just a slight bit. I only say that because most 450 motors only require a 40amp ESC.

Im running my 450 with a hobbywing 40 and it is fine (not flybarless though). I even ran it on a 30 amp when I first built it and it also was fine, just got a little hot if just hovering, BUT I had it inside the canopy with hardly any cooling. I am running all HiTec servos(65MG on cyclic 5084MG on the tail).

Anyway...I think you will be fine, but perhaps someone else will chime in that has actually used the combo you have.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 PM
rcpilot1982

Default RE: Castle ice 50 BEC capabillities

hey atv hows it going? i havent talked to you guys in a while.I have transitioned into forward flight by now,but i have been in iraq for a few months now,and have been practicing with my Beam E4 FBL,there is alot of sand all over it..lol..

I hope to hear from my other teachers as well.

I have been doing good with the ccpm setup and flying none the less,accept i learned to fly with no exponential and as incredibally touchy as it was (sweating on the radio) i got to be able to do dead still hovers and controlled forward flight.Although once i programmed some expo in since i was not used to the extra deadness of the sticks i crashed my beam e4 fbl and cost me some money.Since then i have fixed it and returned the radio back to zero expo things are back to normal