Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

trex 500 manual works for Hk500 cmt??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

trex 500 manual works for Hk500 cmt??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 PM
rcpilot1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trex 500 manual works for Hk500 cmt??

i am setting up my hk500cmt, and i centerd my collective stick and centerd my servo horns.Now the trex 500 manual says to adjust the servo linkage rods so that there is a 21mm gap from the center of the rod to the inner ends of the plastic links.

The problem now the manuals measurement, makes the rods to tall bringing the swash up so high that the bottom two washout arms cant sit at 90 ° like they should, the gap should be around 15mm to get the first set of washout arms at 90°

so should i follow the manual for that area or is that just a rough measurement?

the first set of washouts have to be at 90 °after all but everyone says to follow the manual,although this heli is made to hold a few different sized servos so?? i am using tgy 53317m

please assist me with this
Old 12-23-2012, 05:06 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: trex 500 manual works for Hk500 cmt??

You are kidding right? You bought a POS because its cheap and then want to use the manual for what it was cloned from? And you expect it to be right for the POS? I suppose you bought $5 servos and a $17 motor and expect them to work the same too.

No, you bought the HK, you're going to have to figure these things out yourself. Use the Align manual as a basic guide.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 AM
rcpilot1982

ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

You are kidding right? You bought a POS because its cheap and then want to use the manual for what it was cloned from? And you expect it to be right for the POS? I suppose you bought $5 servos and a $17 motor and expect them to work the same too.

No, you bought the HK, you're going to have to figure these things out yourself. Use the Align manual as a basic guide.
wow i dont believe we have ever talked before...lol...i like this heli and like most bought it to learn.It is actually pretty good quality,althouhh no where nearmy logo 700 xxx or beam or furion...ETC...but a bunch of people said to follow the trex 500 manual as its the same,like the trex 450 pro manual was the same for my coptsr x 450 pro v3,but im having some trouble here.

Thanks for setting me streight
Old 12-23-2012, 05:00 PM
evan-RCU

Since its so good in quality use the manual that came with it!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:12 PM
rcpilot1982

Since its so good in quality use the manual that came with it!
Yeah i said its pretty good quality but no manual came with.

Also i asked a simple question,and you answer like i committed a crime.If you want to help then by all means thanks,but if your one of those (behind the computer desk warriors)then we are not going to see eye to eye.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:03 PM
evan-RCU

When I started we didn't have the internet, no computer radios, even before there was a switch for inverted that basically made upside down the same as right side up. Instructions were a guide but you had to figure it out yourself. Then came switchless inverted and then modes... You sound like you know what your doing, you really did know that the Align instructions give you lengths but they are approximate too and you knew that you'd have to adjust them to fit your HK... You really did didn't you?

If you have those others you shouldn't have even needed to ask... I know by now you've figured it out, right?

Good luck, the fun is in the learning. Fly safe, have fun, and Merry Christmas!

PS, I knew no manual comes with it.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:24 PM
rcpilot1982

When I started we didn't have the internet, no computer radios, even before there was a switch for inverted that basically made upside down the same as right side up. Instructions were a guide but you had to figure it out yourself. Then came switchless inverted and then modes... You sound like you know what your doing, you really did know that the Align instructions give you lengths but they are approximate too and you knew that you'd have to adjust them to fit your HK... You really did didn't you?

If you have those others you shouldn't have even needed to ask... I know by now you've figured it out, right?

Good luck, the fun is in the learning. Fly safe, have fun, and Merry Christmas!

PS, I knew no manual comes with it.
yeah i know what im doing now but those other helis did come with manuals and the measurements for the swash was exact,and i easily achieved the proper angles within the rotor head no problem so i did not know that the settings in the trex 500 manual are estimates.Although it should have been common sense since the trex 500 and my clone include spacers to use different size servos therefore i guess it was a dumb question.

I learned ccpm setup and everything i needed to know from some great guys here with lots of patience for my every question.After that i spent another few months over seas with my special opperations team and learned even more from one of my freinds on another team, but as far as my experience with the having to shorten the servo rods and other things on this clone.

Merry christmas ( :