Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Old school electronics for throttle hold?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Old school electronics for throttle hold?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Pegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old school electronics for throttle hold?

Roughly 16 years ago I remember seeing a throttle hold device or maybe pitch control device that used a hall effect sensor that was monitoring head RPM, does anyone remember them or the name of them?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:11 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Old school electronics for throttle hold?

You talking about an RPM governor such as the Futaba GV-1 or the Aerospire Mult-Gov?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Pegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those could be it, do you have experience with them as far as which is more programmable/versatile?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Multigov is what I use. It hooks up to a little programming screen where you set the gear ratio and the desired head speed for each flight mode and then you go fly. Others need more tinkering.

Throttle Hold btw, just so that you have your terminology correct, drives the throttle to idle and leaves the collective servo(s) to drive the blade pitch. It's activated by a switch and its main functions are to keep the heli safe while carrying it in case you bump the stick, to allow the helicopter to auto rotate for fun or in case of a tail rotor failure, and to minimize the damage if you're about to crash.