Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for professional advice !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Looking for professional advice !

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 04:39 PM
SamAlattar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for professional advice !

I have a few questions , concerning the build of T-REX 700 3G LE nitro
  • is it better to apply a “very very” little amount of grease on the main shaft , before sliding in the swash plate (to smoothen the swash plate on the main shaft) ?
  • About mounting the 3G sensor (the older version of 3G flybarless system , with separated sensor) , I intend to do the following to minimize the vibration : place a piece of Align PU adhesive gel , sticking to it a metallic anti-vibration plate (Align) , then use align double sided tape to stick the sensor on the metallic plate ,then strap it tight with velcro ,is there a better way to “isolate” the sensor from vibration ?
  • I’m using OS. 91 engine on my model , I put the included check valve through the crank pressure line to the main tank , when I checked the valve , it needs some pressure to open and pass the “air” , the crank pressure is barely open the valve in very short bursts , is that normal ?
  • The rotor head is preassembled by factory , I tried to disassemble it to check for grease on the thrust bearings and apply a trusted amount of thread lock , but I couldn’t get it apart , I tried heating the area for more than 15 seconds on both bolts and tried hard but the bolts seems like welded , so , I afraid if I apply more force I may damage it , do I trust the factory for grease ? , is it recommended to disassemble it anyway , even if the screw may be damaged , and replace the screws and feathering shaft (in case of damage) , what do I expect in case of insufficient grease on thrust bearings ?

I’m asking for professional advice , I appreciate any opinion and sorry for the long post

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,