Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Helicopter engine help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 01:21 PM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helicopter engine help

i need a new engine for my align 600N dfc helicopter project. i'm going to be buying a new engine shortly. got a question does anyone know the difference between these 2 engines? i'm not sure witch one to get? any ideas?

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...icopter-Engine

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...icopter-Engine
Old 07-22-2014, 06:52 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took a quick look at both of them. One is a ringed engine with muffler pressure. The other is a ringed engine with a pressurized fuel system that requires a fuel regulator. I own both types but on 90 size. The difference is that I do not have a pumped engine, I have an engine with crankcase pressure. I've heard both good and bad stories about engines with fuel pumps. The fuel regulators are non-issue.

Rafael
Old 07-22-2014, 12:49 PM
flyingjmerritt

ok sounds like the o.s. 55hz-H would be a better motor for my t-rex 600N DFC helicopter then?[h=1][/h]
Old 07-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its really up to you. I'd do a little more research about the actual fuel system on the pumped one. But they are both the same displacement which will provide approximately the same power. That is unless you are going to be doing crazy 3D maneuvers that will constantly bog down the helicopter. In that case, I'd seriously consider the pumped engine.

Rafael
Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 PM
flyingjmerritt

i'm not really into the 3-D stuff at this point. just normal hovering,forward flight helicopter stuff.