Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

When you get to a point where you trash it?

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

When you get to a point where you trash it?

Old 08-26-2014, 05:59 AM
Building

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When you get to a point where you trash it?

I have fixed this trex 550 so many times after crashing the expense is getting stupid so when do you guys say enough is enough this helli goes in the trash (or spare parts)
Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Ghia
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put it on the shelf or sell the heli off as parts
Old 08-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure I understand the question. We are talking about a TRex 550 that is still a current model (not discontinued by the manufacturer), and all the broken parts have been replaced after every crash?

Unless the crash makes the helicopter un-economical to repair, it is worth keeping. Now crashing is a part of this hobby, specially when learning. You will crash less as you gain experience. From my experience, keep up with eye exams. I thought I was good until I dumped about 3 helicopters in a span of about 2 months. When I got my eyes checked, the doctor told me that my eyesight had deteriorated abit since the last checkup and I had gotten used to it.

I have a Raptor 50 that dates back to the V2 days (circa 2004) that I still fly regularly. I own a couple of Hirobo helis older than that (I got them used) that I also fly regularly. If I can find parts to repair the helicopter, it will not "retire" it. When parts become hard to find, then I recycle components and retire the airframe.

Rafael