Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Horizon 60 Rebirth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 11:31 PM
Mark Spies
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horizon 60 Rebirth?

I HAVE RECIVED THE COMPLETE LINE OF HORIZON 60 FROM THE 80,S.PRODUCE BY HELMUT HOLDER AND HUBERT BITNER OF HOUSTON TX THE HORIZON HAS JUST SAT FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS.HUBERT WON THE 82 NATS WITH ONE AND CURTIS YOUNGBLOOD FLEW ONE IN 83,THUS MOVEING ON TO GMP.DO PEOPLE STILL REMEMBER THIS BIRD,WHAT SHOULD BE DONE WITH THE HUNDRED OR SO KITS SITTING? TOOL BACK UP AND GO OR WHAT? I NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS MATTER SO I CAN DECIDE WHAT TO DO. THANKS MARK SPIES EMAIL [email protected] THANKS AGAIN
Old 01-21-2002, 01:20 PM
Mark Spies

Default horizon

jason, have you ever seen a horizon 60? sometime old is better!
Old 01-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Dyehard

I built and flew a Bitner Horizon back around 82. As a viable heli in todays market it would be a bust. It was very hard to fly and weighed a ton. It would be good as a collectors item only.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Mark Spies

Default horizon

jason, thanks for your input,the horizon may be older but even real helicopter g47 bell ect still fly good.i am a helicopter mechanic and understand it quite well.i have one horizon i have been flying for the past 15 years and have had no problems.things were made alot better back then.helmut holder was way ahead of his time,the craftmanship it out of this world.this was a german built machine.i guess if you are into flying 3d then yes you need something else,and plastic is not always better.with todays engines the weight to power ratio can be worked out better. and for a pod and boom it looks better than alot of helos today.and what other brand can you go to your local hardware and get parts?happly flying.... mark
Old 01-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Dyehard

Only if you can live with cutting a hole in the rear of the fusalage for starting and make the tail work in a fusalage. Horizin60, please post a picture or pictures of a Horizon, then everyone can see what is being discussed. As much detail as possible, please.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:40 PM
HeliDriver

I for one would love to see some pics of the Horizon. I just finished restoring a GMP Cricket,(<------ pic under my name) she is 100% complete and just like fitenfyr's mantis she sits proudly atop my display case. I wouldn't think of flying it and am content with keeping it as a reminder of where this hobby started. I love the older generation helis and would be interested in a NIB Horizon to give my Cricket someone to share her shelf with.

I vote sell them to collectors

Heli on,
Shannon
Old 01-23-2002, 05:22 PM
Mark Spies

Default horizon

alen, i will post pics in the near furture of both flybay and nonflybar horizon 60, polished out ,aluminum and black anodize. thanks mark
Old 01-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Mark Spies

Default horizon

thanks shannon for your input, mark
Old 02-06-2002, 11:47 PM
Mark Spies

HI, YOU CAN GO TO (commercial link removed) TO SEE PICS OF A HORIZON 60 FLYBARLESS THANKS MARK

As we don't allow commercial posts in this forum please Email Mark for the link to the pictures.

Feel free to discuss the Horizon Heli in general though.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:00 AM
Andy17

This is only a collector item!
Old 04-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Mark Spies

Default HORIZON 60 FLYBARLESS PICS

HEY GUYS, YOU CAN SEE PICS OF MY HORIZON 60 FLYBARLESS THANKS MARK PICS.HORIZON60RCHELOS.COM
Old 06-19-2003, 08:32 AM
tazzypn

I like the horizon it seems almost indestructible. I am in the process of rebuilding one to fly. just need a belt
Old 07-05-2003, 03:38 AM
Mark Spies

Taz, Glade to hear that you were able to get the drive belts,your other stuff is comming to ya. Thanks Mark
Old 08-23-2016, 04:27 PM
bruski
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Mark, this is an ancient thread. What ever happened to all the Horizon stuff you bought? I have five of this excellent machine. I think it still is one of the coolest looking helis out there! I am planning on making some molds to form new canopies and shrouds. I think if one would take some new technology, (ball bearing stuff, newer engines, carbon blades, etc.) this bird would be tough to beat! Hope to hear from you. Bruce K.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Mark Spies

Originally Posted by bruski
Hey Mark, this is an ancient thread. What ever happened to all the Horizon stuff you bought? I have five of this excellent machine. I think it still is one of the coolest looking helis out there! I am planning on making some molds to form new canopies and shrouds. I think if one would take some new technology, (ball bearing stuff, newer engines, carbon blades, etc.) this bird would be tough to beat! Hope to hear from you. Bruce K.

All the Horizon parts are being stored at this time. I do have all the molds for canopy's ect and can be made by my friend Randell Smith.
Time to time I get a request for parts from old timers that remember back when. I still fly a special Horizon that Helmut and made. Its an CCPM version with auto-rotation clutch and flybarless head. I have also made a few electric and work well.