Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Seeking pilots in Tulsa Oklahoma area

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Seeking pilots in Tulsa Oklahoma area

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 04:32 PM
RabbitDFFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking pilots in Tulsa Oklahoma area

Still fairly new to the area and definitely new to rc heli. I own a WLToys v977 CP 3D micro heli and a T-Rex 450 SE clone. Looking for people to fly with and learn more about rc helicopters. So far I've only found car and airplane clubs in and around Tulsa.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:44 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

The wind blows to much in Oklahoma to fly that little thing. I have had the VL911 for over 2 years and may have flown it less than 5 times.

In answer to your question though check the AMA website. They have a listing of most local clubs in the US.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:53 AM
RabbitDFFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, I've checked ama already, didn't find anything local within my budget. on local forum was told about barotors.org and they want $105 annual dues to say hi, so that's out. . back to youtube and figuring it out on my own and with whatever help I can get from forums. .

and the v977 works great, with the exception of landing it in wet grass. . waiting on a new receiver / FC board for it now. I'm actually just outside claremore and on side of a hill, so wind is blocked for me majority of the time. my 450 is another story. bought it used with the note it needed a few repairs. it damn near needed entirely rebuilt. so it's been fun figuring out what parts will interchange with it. giving up figuring out setting up dynam's transmitter tho. can't get mixing right and using knobs to adjust with no display is just too big of a pain in the ass. ordered a FS-i6s with ia6b for $50. should be up and flying again next weekend.