RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

72 radio placement on Gas Heli to avoid interference

Old 03-14-2017, 09:50 AM
rowdog_14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 72 radio placement on Gas Heli to avoid interference

So before I go into detail I will say yes I know there is 2.4 but I choose not to upgrade all my planes and helis to 2.4.

So I purchased an airplane with a gas 50cc engine. I am new to gas and have only flown glow. I am redoing some of his setup because he had the firewall all jacked up and the electronics all over the place. So I fixed the firewall and started the engine to test out the engine and I am getting fluttering in the ailerons. It is suggest with 72 to put the radio system about 12 inches from the ignition. So I can do that but just wondering how did you guys years back ran the gas heli because I do not see a way to run the radio system 12 inches from the ignition in a heli. I asked this because if I can avoid moving my radio system back more it would be great.

I have presented my question in the airplane forums and they gave great feedback but just looking at feedback from heli pilots flying gas and 72 radio systems

Thanks

Search this Thread