Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ground wire on 3GX and more

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Ground wire on 3GX and more

Old 11-21-2017, 01:23 AM
peter-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground wire on 3GX and more

Hi

I'm wiring a trex nitro with a 3gx system. I have my power and ground on two separate contacts, and rather than rewiring them I was wondering if the below setup would work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	6EdPWMi.png
Views:	68
Size:	474.6 KB
ID:	2245869

Also, I guess the power should go directly to the battery pack right? I'm using the following battery:
Click image for larger version

Name:	O3rEB77.png
Views:	85
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	2245870

Previously, the system was setup with a VBAR and calibrated perfectly. With this new 3gx, do I need to redo the mechanical calibration, or can I setup it all from the controller? The 3gx is already paired with my DX8 from previously as well.

Finally, any knowledge about the 3gx version 5? Should I upgrade from my version 3?

Kind Regards,
Peter
Old 11-21-2017, 11:48 AM
peter-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I relooked at the manual, and found that I made a mistake (page 6): Sorry was not allowed to post the link...

Here is the correct image: (or see attachment)

I have sent an email to Align, but any answer from you guys would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Peter

PS: I also found out that I shouldn't run my servoes from the 7.4 battery as it will fry them... ooooppps.... I now purchased a 6.0v battery 2500 mah
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ground-connection.png
Views:	85
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	2245902