Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

rossi 61

Old 02-14-2018, 07:25 PM
raptor90se

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rossi 61

can anyone help me with the needle settings for a rossi 61 i am installing into a vario uh1d scale.
never used a rossi engine before so i am lost .
i have tried various needle settings but to no avail.
i have changed my fuel mix to 10% nitro + 20% castor
regards
jeff tanner
Old 02-15-2018, 08:51 AM
thumbnstick
My Feedback: (169)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mate,
I do not like castor. It gums things up. I had a Rossi 61 in a Bell and flew it a lot.
If its had castor and set more than a few moths, its probably gummed up at the Carb.
You have to confirm that the engine is getting fuel. Back you needle out about 6 or 8 turns and
blow thru a clean tubing at the carb/needle point. You should be able to know that its the air is
flowing. If not, the line is clogged up. Remove needle and put a fine wire or such thru and see if
you can get past the clog. Most likely you can. If you have a bulb type filler, use it to pressure some fuel thru.
If I remember right, my Rossi had a pretty wide band for needle setting. Start at 3.5 turns out.
If the engine has fuel and glow she will run fine, no matter what fuel. I always used 15% sythetic.
Have fun, hope that helped
Old 02-15-2018, 01:34 PM
raptor90se

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi 61

Thanks heaps
i will give it a try today
i fly twice a week so no chance of gumming up.
my jet ranger 2 with os61 flys great on 10% nitro/20 castor
let you know how it goes
regards
jefftanner