Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Throttle curve/pitch curves on my nitro heli

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Throttle curve/pitch curves on my nitro heli

Old 05-10-2019, 05:40 PM
TheBerkshireFlyers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle curve/pitch curves on my nitro heli

Hello, I recently got a old vintage X-cell 60 that I dont think has ever flown. I am a beginner for helis. Got it ready to fly but now I need to figure out the throttle curves along with pitch curves, etc. I am using a spektrum DX6E with a Spektrum 6210 rx. The heli has a O.S MAX 61 glow engine. I have been flying model nitro rc planes for years and am very skilled at tuning engines. BTW I'm not using governor for my first few flights. So without gov., what is a good throttle curve set up to have? Pitch curve? Other than those 2 any other things i should do ?I have never funked around with any of this with my model planes I just flew it lol. So please be detailed. Thanks so much!
Old 05-12-2019, 07:22 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

For the pitch settings you should have zero at idle, +5 at half Stick and +9 at full Stick. Throttle should be set up much like your airplane but with 5/8 throttle at half Stick. Note that these are setting for learning how to hover. Once you venture into forward flight you will need some negitive pitch at low Stick. Setting up a constant head speed using curves can be a challenge, I always set the pitch curve to what I wanted and adjusted the throttle curve to suit.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Rockin Heli

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the x-cell 60 model, and I am building another one this year, its a lot of work but it will be nice when I finish. I just wanted to let you know that I never set my throttle wide open on the radios I use only about 60% - 70% and it works great for training.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:06 PM
YSRRider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first step is to make sure you have your servos setup correctly and links adjusted properly. Throttle and pitch curves mean nothing if 75% stick is only giving you half throttle and partial pitch movement (for example). Mechanical setup is key to make everything work out in the transmitter. I wish RunRyder was still up. There were loads of guys on there that could help. I can assist you but I dont know the xcell like some of the old schoolers. I would need it in front of me to set it up. Do you have the build instructions that have any of the values like the ball link lengths?