Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Kavan Jet Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 02:42 AM
cyberthreat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kavan Jet Ranger

While on vacation, my father gave me an original Kavan Jet Ranger kit with an engine to go with it. Never seen this type of Heli engine, as it has dual spark plugs on the head. THe body is nice and think fiberglass. Missing a few plastic windows from the Kit which can easily be repaired. I have a box of parts to finish it up but have no interest in the Kit at this time. Not sure what something like this is worth, as it is several years old but has never been flown.

Anyone have any idea of what a good selling price might be? I'm going to try and get some pictures and put online as a follow up. I'd like to rid myself of this large heli and get a century instead.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 11-08-2003, 11:39 PM
lifesintheair
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Kavan Jet Ranger

Send some pics my way. I am interested in buying it if you want to sell it. I like older kits.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Brian M.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:50 PM
cyberthreat
My Feedback: (1)

Picutres are on their way.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:15 PM
johnsy

please send me pix aswell ta. could you please email me some pix of the head setup aswell please. my email is [email protected] thanx johnsy
Old 01-10-2004, 10:40 PM
jag01

I remember that kit from the 70's
Old 01-12-2004, 11:23 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Kavan flew awsome. It was one of the most scale fuses built. The mechanics are really out dated and it didn't have auto rotation. Mine was a blast and looked good till the engine quit. Fixed it but it took years to find a new main gear. I ended up selling it on Ebay. That way it sets its own price. Ended up shipping it back east. There are a lot of people who still collect them.

Its a good heli. I have a set of molds for a fuse that were specially made, and I think they are real close to a kavan, if they are not kavan. They are identical, right down to the doors.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:00 PM
heli143
My Feedback: (6)

Hey flyboy,
anything happening with those molds??
the Kavan Jet Ranger seems to be popping up all over. I got rid of mine in a trade a couple of years ago and wish I hadn't. BTW, it came without autorotation, but I was able to buy an autorotation gear for it in Germany, and I believe it came from Kavan.

Take Care.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:06 PM
FLYBOY

I haven't had time to pull a fuse from the molds yet. I was going to see if my rappy would go in it or figure out what would. I think the xcell would have, but I didn't care much for that heli and sold both of mine. The guy that had them made said he paid 5 grand for them. Don't know if I believe that or not. They are some of the best molds I have seen though so maybe. I had a guy last year offer me a grand for them so he could pull a bunch and sell them, but I don't think he was really serious and I wanted to pull one at the time. I need more hours in the day.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:46 PM
heli143
My Feedback: (6)

Flyboy,
a friend of mine had a Kaven Jet Ranger with Excel mechanics in it. It flew great. I also saw another one at the Birmingham fly-in last march which I believe also had Excel machanics in it. so they do fit allright.
Good Luck on whatever you decide to do with the molds, but I can say that jet Ranger never ceases to be popular.
Let me know if you ever do get around to selling some fuselages.

take care.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:26 PM
FLYBOY

OK, I will pull them out this weekend and take a closer look. It really wouldn't be that hard to pull some. Just have to find the time.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:06 PM
FLYBOY

Here are a couple pictures of what the mold looks like if you are interested in seeing what they pull the fuses from.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27496.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	90324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61886.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	90325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69729.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	56.6 KB