Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 08:10 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

I am looking to buy a new 60+up to 90 size heli, and was looking seroiusly at the "Miniature Aircraft" models. I am seeing a few different models, and am not sure what the differences are.

I see:Fury, Expert, Tempest.......

and in those models, some have the designation: F3C, 3D, MA, ETC.

I am assuming the 3D and F3C is refering to the different competions there are and each one being geared towards that specialty, but whats the difference between the Fury, Tempest, and Expert models? I would really appereciate someone whos knowledgable in the particular brand of helis giving me the low down on the differences
Old 11-13-2003, 08:18 PM
Alex Wenzl
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: HELP!

HI,

I just bought and built the Fury expert, it took me a week to build it. What a great machine to build it has to be the best fit of parts that i have ever seen. I hovered the heli for the first time two days ago and it was just great, there were no adjustments at all to be made not even to the tracking or the cyclic. I'll will certainly buy another kit in the near future. If you buy one you won't regret it.

Alex Wenzl
Montreal
Old 11-13-2003, 10:20 PM
DSA.308

Glad to hear that Alex, I had thought that miniature aircraft was a top product after reading a review on the Fury Extreme in Model Helicopter Technique. The only other brand I am considering is the JR Vigor CS, and I am having a tough time deciding between the two. I am leaning towards the M.A. products but I dont think I would be unhappy with either one.....Hopefully I will get some more info on the M.A line, and decide on one of their products.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:56 AM
GM1

I have a Pro IIK-T, a Fury Expert, and a Tempest FAI. I use the Expert to sport fly and 3D with a YS 80 on an 8.36 gear ratio and really enjoy it. For FAI F3C I use the Tempest FAI with a YS 91 at 7.75 and back it up with the Pro IIK with Tempest rotor head, also with a YS 91 and 7.75 gear ratio.
If I were going to put a BIG block motor in the model to 3D, I would get a Fury Extreme or the new Tempest 3D but for a 70 or 80 I'd get an Expert unless money is no object. My Expert is kit #0007, a preproduction prototype that I have flown pretty much continuously since I got it and still have a blast with it.
Gordie
Old 12-03-2003, 11:08 PM
DSA.308

Thanks I appreciate the extra information