Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

OS 46FX-H

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:16 AM
jcho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 46FX-H

Hi,

I have this engine from a friend, do you have any experience with this engine? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Old 02-17-2004, 10:40 PM
R Rocks

Default RE: OS 46FX-H

I run two OS 46 engines, they like to run on the rich side, they sure like the 30%. I had used 550's 570's 580's and 600's For me and my set up the best blades were the 570's I liked the 580's but could bog them down and the 600's were just to much for my engines. You will find a lot of guy's dont like the 46, I had real good luck with them.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:32 AM
jcho

Heard there is some technical problem with the first generation (the one without Ring). It over heat easily; the one I am having is with Ring type. Currently do not have the confident to put it on Raptor 50 V2. Any one have bad experience with this engine?

Cheers
Old 02-19-2004, 12:06 AM
R Rocks

If your 46 runs hot it's to lean, start your engine on the rich side, hover around a bit then put your finger on the back plate, if you can keep it there for a count of four or five it's just right, if you can keep it there for a count of ten it's no where near being hot. If you really want to run your R 50 V2 get the OS 50.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 AM
staraero
My Feedback: (1)

I am running that 46 in a helicopter and it runs fine. don't be afraid to use it if the engine is a good one. Check to see after you mount the fan that you feel absolutly no play if you move the fan back and fourth a 16th of an inch, at the top of the compression stroke.

If you can feel even the slightest bit of play while on the top of compression stroke while moving the fan back and forth a 16th of an inch, it's getting worn out. That is play in the rod bearing or the rod at the piston pin.

If those 46 engines are tight, they are good engines that produce ample power while being fairly easy on fuel.

Staraero