Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

(wanted) Helicopter spares HELICAT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

(wanted) Helicopter spares HELICAT

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 08:38 PM
adds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (wanted) Helicopter spares HELICAT

Hi
Iam a new helicopter owner and i think its a older model.
I cant find anyware that stocks parts for my Helicat,
So can anybody please tell me where i can get spares for my HELICAT
Many thanks ADDs
Old 03-13-2004, 04:56 AM
planelazy

Default RE: (wanted) Helicopter spares HELICAT

Is this the one that Indy R/C used to sell. If it is i have a new one that has never been flown that i would be willing to part with. Tim.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:59 PM
adds

Thanks for the reply 8)
I have no history on this helicopter just new i licked it when i saw it dont no if its going to be any good for a first timer but we shall see , LOL
Have attached some pics of it to see if its the same one.
Once again many thanks
ADDs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61695.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	111126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51695.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	111127  
Old 03-14-2004, 07:42 AM
planelazy

It is the same heli,i just went to the basemant to look.I took it to the field one time to fly and i had some trouble with the starter mechanism and i never took it back.I do not know what it is worth to you but what do you think of 175$ american plus shipping. I don't know what it would cost to ship to the U.K. but if you except my term's would be an international money order. Thank's Tim.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:40 PM
uh1b1
My Feedback: (1)

adds i have a helicat and if you need parts for it any part for the century hawk sport will fit it,they are identical helis i know because i have both the helicat and the hawk sport.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:44 PM
adds

Trebuchet MS!QUOT!][/font]Cheers for the reply tim
As i have gone this far with my one i mite as well carry on with it as i have not had any other mails about spares.
By your profile it looks that you are very experienced with helis , have you heard or no anything about helicats
and do you no how they fly.
Hopefully you will still have manuals for it.
If you can let me no what the shipping costs etc are i will be pleased to do business with you.
Don't no nothing about international money orders but if you explain iam sure my bank can sort it.
Many thanks
ADDs
Old 03-15-2004, 08:51 PM
syclic

uh1b1

Same heli's? I have had both also and find little resemblence - from head to tail!! Are you sure it is the HAWK SPort you have or the real old original Hawk. Some of its' parts were interchangable, but even then not too many (some of the older Shuttle parts also worked on the Heli-Cat.

1 - Helicat - short 8mm mainshaft SPORT - longer 10mm unit
2 - Different mainrotor hub, seesaw, blade grips (maybe the feathering spindle would work?)
3 - different washout hub but the washout arms might work in the Heli-Cat as would some from a number of other helis.
4 - Very different swashplates - the swashplate from the Shuttle ZXX or the HAWK III would work and be a substantial upgrade.
5 - The upper frames are similar but the Hawk units are substantially more rigid and has the upper part of the fan shroud molded in.
6 - The servo trays from the Hawk may fit, but I would not be certain. (Again the ones from a Shuttle may also be made to fit.
7 - The tail boom from the Hawk Sport may also work as maybe the wire in tube drive from it, ditto for the gearbox etc (I think those from the Kalt Enforcer and Kyosho Concepts may also work here.)
8 - The tail rotor pitch plates from the Shuttle, Hawk, Concept and Enforcer may also work here. Ditto for the t/r blade grips and blades.

etc.etc.etc.

As you can see, after your first crash, you will be hard pressed to locate parts that work and would be left to modify some to do so.

For the price of the great little Hawk Sport ($160.00 USD), why bother?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:55 AM
planelazy

Hi Adds.Sorry do not really know about the flying aspects of the Helicat .Mine still has the engine and servos in it so i will have to take those out and try to get it weighed and see if i can get an approximare shipping cost. This may take a few day's so be patient.I have no experience with international shipment or the money aspect of it. I just heard about the money order from a friend. I will also check this out.I have been into helis for many year's and i build many but just an average flyer. Some 3D stuff but it is a lot of fun. Will let you know of my progress. Thank's Tim.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:04 AM
planelazy

Hi again. I need your shipping address. Tim
Old 03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
adds

Hi tim
Sorry to mess you about but can you hold fire on takin your one to bits yet.
As ihave received lots of mail asking why iam bothering with my helicat when i can buy a hawk sport for $160.00
and i can get lots of bits for it.
Wil;l get back to you soon
Cheers ADDs
Old 03-16-2004, 01:34 PM
adds

Cheers syclic for reply

I jumped into this game at the deep end and almost drown LOL
I haven't crashed my helicat yet but its only time and thats why i thought about getting spares now.
But the more i think about it its more worth while if i get a heli that i can get spares for.
So if you can recommend where to get a hawk sport from i would apreciate it.
Many thanks ADDs
Old 03-16-2004, 06:52 PM
syclic

Adds,

I just noticed that you are from the UK. I saw them advertised in MHW by a number of UK dealers for about 169LSTG.

They are sold by some of the larger mail order houses in the US for the $160.00USD price
www.ronlund.com and www.heli-world.com - what the shipping costs, taxes & duties would be into the UK I do not know.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:48 AM
planelazy

You should look at Raptor's. Probably the thirty size.I have had four of them and for the money it can take you clear up thru 3D aerobatic's and part's widely available. Tim.