Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

JR Helicopter Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 01:24 AM
Jan_the_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Helicopter Forum

Hi Larry,

I was just wondering over here if maybe some of your problems might not come from your test stand ... I haven't worked with such a stand before so I don't know what effects it can have on the heli .

The "Violent oscillations of the tail" I have had before on a heli right before lift off with the training gear on . I also played with the Gyro Sensitivity and Servo horn length and got it better , but then I found my tail rotor response to crappy . I found that the Tail servo I used was to slow for the Gyro corrections given to the servo . I ordered a GY601 gyro and servo and in the meanwhile fitted a faster servo only , but didn't get around to testing it when the new gyro arived and I installed that combo rather . I had a new heli !

I never came accross foaming feul before but play with your carb settings to get it smooth and also we found access vibrations on the heli when you fly it with and sort of traing gear attached that dissapeared when it was removed .

I just bought G2 and a transmitter interface for my radio and of I went . Don't know about any "modules" though .

Enjoy the flight training and keep it in one peace !

Jannie
Old 06-15-2004, 07:50 PM
manion_30
My Feedback: (23)

Hi Jannie

I don't think the test stand would cause that much vibration, but I wont rule it out yet. The OS was used from another model (Concept 30 SR-X) I bought at a fun fly. It needs some parts before it can fly. I had read some where that the clutch could be rotated 180 deg may help tame the vibrations due to Run-out problems when it was made. I had it apart and knowing my luck, it is back the same way again. ha! I still need to re-tune the carb first.

Their was a thunder storm earlier so I didn't do anything tonight. I did put some Century 21 coverite on the vertical stab and rudder of a 24 year old WACO ST61 size, at this rate, I might finish it before I die of old age.

About the G2, I thought it came with a control box or dummy transmitter, I didn't know you could interface your radio to the computer. Do you know if you can use the radio set-up to control the computer program?
Tower Hobbies has the G2 with module 1 thru 6 for $339.00. I guess I need to read some more on it.

Larry
Old 06-17-2004, 01:20 AM
Jan_the_man

Hi Larry ,

Taking it easy is the way to go ! I finaly finished rebuilding my voyager 50 with all it's new carbon goodies and had the oppertunity to fly it yesterday . It flew Great and I'm very happy with the results although my flying abilities can not yet match the heli capabilities .

I run my G2 straight from my transmitter with an interface cable , but you cannot use exactly your heli's configuration unless you realy spend time configuring the G2 software . I pragrammed a model in my transmitter called "SIM HELI" that I select each time I play simmulator . This helps that you don't mess up your heli's radio setup for when you go flying again .

at the end of the day you might get on great with the G2 dummy transmitter , but my feeling is that I want to know my own transmitter front to back so that I can through any of the many switches I have/need blindly and also know the feel of my sticks . Afterall this is my cockpit !

Enjoy the day
Old 06-17-2004, 07:29 PM
manion_30

Hi Jannie

I ordered the G2 w/USB Interlink Mode 2 which came w/vol 1. I also ordered vol 2, 3, 4 so I won't run out of different models, places, or design to fly. ha After watching the big 1/3, 1/4 scale 3d models at the field, I always wanted to fly one. Now, the Simulator may be able to scratch that itch cause I probably won't spend that kind of money in real life. If I read correctly the JR cable is included with the interface, if not i'll get the cable. You are right there is nothing like the feel of your own radio.

I am a small plane person 40 size P-51 and a Sig Clipped wing J3 Cub with an old Fox 29. I've only been active in RC for about 2 month this time (inactive for 23 yr). I pick the P-51 to retrain with (little gutsy), but take-offs and landing were easy the hot-doging I used to do was hard and flying with the big birds hovering in the middle of the field really makes me uneasy. At least when the Venture is ready I can be at the end of the field or here at home. I will be able to fly my planes when the field is not so crowded.

Did you modify your rotor with the MC-50? your first message.

So the carbon parts make the model lighter and stronger, which makes it more maneuverable any other advantages?

I had better stop I'm getting my second wind. ha!

Larry
Old 06-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Jan_the_man

Hi Larry ,

At the end of the day I decided to skip the MC-50 rotorhead because I found that I could buy a whole new helicopter kit for less then what the MC-50 head would have cost . So I bought the kit instead I'm now starting to get ready to build it .

I was astounded by the quality of the kit , a Cypher 50 , for the price . But this is a JR forum so I won't ramble on .

Enjoy the G2 , I had a lot of fun too flying those big CAP's and hotdogging them .
Old 06-18-2004, 09:37 PM
manion_30

Hi Jannie

your right, the quality looks very good. I like the duel control rods and belcrank set-up for each flight controls. A fan belt? bet you'll have problems with it.

If you want to chat my E-Mail is ( [email protected] )

Larry
Old 06-19-2004, 11:15 AM
FLYBOY311
My Feedback: (1)

Hey All...A friend of mine let me have his Venture .32 trainer chopper. He has all JR avionics, I own a RD-6000 Super. My question is this:

I've got the CCPM programmed in the radio along with the gyro (JR G500T), my question is how do I set the "values" for the CCPM? On his JR 378 it has a program to set it for the values. He said in his radio it was the following: Elevator +70, Ailerons +70, and Pitch -65.

With the RD-6000 Super would that be done some kind of way by utilizing the "Compensation Mixers" found on page 58 of the manual? Or how about the "Revolution Mixing" on page 54 of the manual? This is my first chopper which you probally figured out by now... How would I set all of this so I can fly.

PS...I'm using my FM 777 AirTronics Narrow Band Receiver.

Thanks in Advance Yall!

"CHOP-ON"
Old 06-19-2004, 11:17 AM
FLYBOY311

EDIT
Old 06-20-2004, 02:40 PM
manion_30

FLYBOY

I guess my first question, does your radio support CCPM (120 deg swashplate)? If not you will need to find another radio.

Larry
Old 06-20-2004, 02:46 PM
FLYBOY311

YEP...It supports "4" different swash plate types which includes the 120 degree set-up for both forward "and" rear elevator.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:20 PM
manion_30

Hi

Good, when you activate the 120 deg funtion it should let you put in the ail +70 ele +70 pit -65. The pitch setting will change depending on your models max/min pitch.

Compensation Mixers and Revolution Mixing are for forward flight variations in rudder compensation I believe.

The programs for each radio sould be simular but the values may have different meaning and options may or may not be simular. You will need to set a JR radio or instructions and your Airtronics radio or instruction side by side and compare the differences. To some people the old saying, if it was easy it wouldn't be fun Ha!

You should be able to download the JR manual & pring it out to compare.

Larry
Old 06-20-2004, 08:26 PM
FLYBOY311

OK...Thanks for the input manion...I'll down load the 378 manual from Horrizon..."Happy Choppen"
Old 06-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Jan_the_man

HI Flyboy ,

You won't need "revo mixing" that is a function used for tail rotor compensation . You shouldn't need it with your gyro . Unfortunately I don't know the RD6000 for heli setup . HELI's are the BEST!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:09 AM
FLYBOY311

"Thanks Jan the Man"...By the way, the CCPM Value settings for the JR378 are on page 95 & 96 of their manual. I've got to learn this stuff because my ultimate goal is "Turbine Powered" scale choppers! Now that's what I'm talkin about! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-06-2004, 06:09 PM
jcomp

Purchased one from Revaloution and it is of very high quality and works well.

Jack
Old 07-23-2004, 07:50 AM
enewbold

Hi Mike,

I've been flying the Caliber 30 lately, but just got a JR Voyager 30 and have the JR 6102 in it, like you. Have you flown yours yet and do you have anu suggestions regarding the setup?

Thanks,
Ed Newbold
Columbus, OH
Old 07-23-2004, 07:54 AM
enewbold

Whoops... I meant Venture!
Sorry,
Ed
Old 07-25-2004, 04:25 PM
manion_30

If anyone is interested the 810 super servo and gy401 did not work on my venture 30. I took the advice from above and used the 9253 servo in ds mode, now it works like a dream.

Thanks Jan_the_man (you the man)

Larry
Old 07-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Jan_the_man

Glad I could help Manion30 . I'ts been a while since I was here ... been struggeling with my new Cypher heli .
Old 07-26-2004, 06:36 PM
manion_30

Hi Jan_the_man

I assume you are close to being airborn?

I won a Quick 60 and another venture 30 heli on the RCU market. I will have fun with the 60 (Long term project(Money, and many more hours of practice)).

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.

Larry
Old 07-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Jan_the_man

O so close , but still no cigar ...

COngrats on winning the sixty . You lucky guy ! wish it was me ...
Old 08-03-2004, 07:38 PM
JOHN5BLUE

does any body know of a web site for jr propo helicopters
Old 08-03-2004, 09:07 PM
manion_30

Hi

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/

why you ask? bad blades

Larry
Old 08-05-2004, 07:30 AM
JOHN5BLUE

no blades are ok. nearest hobby store is 30. mi away and they havent a clue on anything you have to look and find for your self... just the other day i called them and asked them if they had a part i told them i have a jr ergo 60 sport.. the guy on the phone says sure we have that... so off i go and when i get there they have one but it is for a miniture heli.. not even cloose.. so i wasted my time going there and back... if they have a web site then i can order from them and get the right part
Old 08-05-2004, 09:34 PM
manion_30

Have you tried Hobbies&helis international?

They have some upgrade parts for the Ergo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.