Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

kalt baron 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 05:47 PM
bigchap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kalt baron 50

i know this is an old model but i got it very cheap[£45 sterling],i have been told that they were very steady and sort of mellow,i have never flown rotary wing before only fixed,any pointers anyone can give me?p.s. i do have a friend who is an experienced heli flyer so i won't be trying to learn on my own.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Stebbo

Default RE: kalt baron 50

I learned to fly on a Baron 50 and found it very stable (and very tough) but only after I had got the gyro set correctly and reduced the amount of cyclic control. The only word of caution I would give is if its got the head which includes a flat metal plate between the main blade holders, check that this is not bent or damaged in any way. I had one break while I was in a low hover and had a blade fly off just near me !

Stebbo.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:51 AM
bigchap

head is all metal,are they o.k?
Old 04-23-2004, 04:46 PM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Baron 50 was a very nice machine... But there are NO MORE PARTS for that heli... If you want, you can set it up, fly it and enjoy it... However, when it breaks - that's it....
Old 04-23-2004, 05:39 PM
bigchap

i got a big box of spares with it,however,i'm bound to break a bit i haven't got!
Old 04-23-2004, 06:06 PM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Well, Here is an idea.... Buy all the support equipment, electronics, engine, muffler and others that you need to fly this 50-size helicopter... But, purchase things that can be used in something like the Raptor 50 or EVO...

Then, get the engine broken in, the helicopter set up and fly it on training gear until you are very comfortable with it... By the way, you CAN fly the helicopter from hover all the way to flying around with the training gear on the helicopter... It just doesn't look as cool..

Now, learn as much as you can from this helicopter (trying not to crash)... Then, if it does happen that you have a crash that can't be survived by the Baron, go to the next helicopter in-line that your engine and electronics will work with... I understand the Raptor 50 is great.. (I fly the Raptor 60)..

Now, you got a nice helicopter for a good price.. Used it as best you could and still have all the gear to put in a more "Modern" helicopter....
Old 04-23-2004, 06:33 PM
siclick33

There is a Baron 50 for sale on BMFA website for £50. If you think you may need parts it may be worth making him an offer. It comes with an engine so if you flog that you will end up with some cheap spares.

as TEBerg says, you will have trouble getting spares for it.