Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

What happened to Quick?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:29 PM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to Quick?

What happened to Quick Helicopters? They used to have a forum in R.C. Universe. You still see an occasional one in the marketplace or on Ebay. I always thought they were a good looking heli. Must have had problems?
Mark
Old 06-15-2004, 09:38 PM
BRYAN01601
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: What happened to Quick?

the owner had the charm and personality of a brick. Just my opinion. Saw his demo at the wram show and tried to ask him some questions. needless to say I did not buy anything from him...
Old 06-15-2004, 09:53 PM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Some people just have a problem understanding that it is the customer that keeps them in business. He may "get it" now. What about the helicopters....were there problems with them?
Old 06-18-2004, 12:44 AM
grittykitty

From what I have heard, Quick heli's are good birds, but like Bryan said, dealing with the owner was like running your forehead across a cheese grater, and they were the only ones that supplied parts for thier helis. I don't think anybody else was licensed to make parts, so you HAD to deal with Quick whenever you crashed.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:05 AM
Fly-guy

From what i know Quick helis are still going stron. They have just relaesed an new model .15 in Australia and I was looking at getting one. From what i've heard and seen they are still kickin' I saw a guy with one that looked brand new just the other day.

Fly-guy
Old 06-18-2004, 06:39 AM
fritch1969

I walked into the store in PA and wanted to ask the owner some questions about his heli's, he was a real ***** so I walked out and went to century. No regrets.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:34 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I went into the Hobbies & Helis store in Coopersburg, PA, and the owner seemed like a nice enough guy to me. I walked in thinking it was just a hobby shop specializing in helis/planes, and found out that he manufactures (or has manufactured overseas) his own line of helis, tools, and accessories (Quick Worldwide). Sounds like he's spread pretty thin... I think he runs the hobby shop, designs the helis and other products, visits overseas manufacturers, goes to shows, etc. etc. His helis look pretty nice... mostly carbon fiber frames. Personally, I like the parts availability of TT's line of helis, though... wouldn't want to rely on just one place for spare parts.

I bought about $180 worth of tools/accessories from him and he offered to check out my Raptor 50 for me, after I told him I was a newb. I probably won't ever buy one of his helis, but he'll be getting plenty of business from me buying fuel, parts, and accessories, as that's the closest store to me specializing in helis...
Old 06-23-2004, 08:31 PM
da_man
My Feedback: (30)

I heard he didn't make good helicopters. He made aluminum and carbon parts, but they just don't work too well.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

they OK helis but, I was never real impressed with the performance.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:41 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<<...designs the helis and other parts...>>

ROTFLMAO!!! That's the best one I've heard this week!!!

-pkh-, please excuse me; I am NOT taking a shot at you. But, while he is indeed a shrewd businessman, he knows as much about "designing helis and other parts" as I do about nuclear physics.

He has cloning down to an art, however. Some of his stuff is decent. Some of it isn't worth throwing away. The trick is figuring out what is what; and hope you never have to bring anything back that is defective, etc.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:54 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

As my title indicates, I'm a heli newb, so I can't comment on the design of his helis, I just found the carbon fiber frames impressive looking... don't have a clue as to how it will perform.

I wouldn't be suprised if he's cloned or "borrowed" heavily from other heli designs, I read in Ray's Authoritative.. that even TT "borrowed" some pieces of their Raptor design from other helis. Seems like the parts availability alone would make it hard to justify buying a Quick, though.