Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Gohbee - Just a Warning

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:12 PM
justanotheruser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gohbee - Just a Warning

A warning about Gohbee...

1) Logo blatantly stolen (see images below)
2) Sell the Stinger heli, which they claim to have designed themselves. In-fact, this is a rip-off of the Thunder Tiger Raptor which they get from an eastern supplier.
3) Field representatives get big payoffs for convincing a potential buyer to buy a Stinger - many have never seen the product and will misrepresent it. Their selling point is that the owner is a "stand-up guy" devoted to improving their heli while keeping it economical. Point 2 demonstrates that this is not true.

Old 07-22-2004, 10:29 PM
crash1953

Default RE: Gohbee - Just a Warning

Get real .. Eveything on the planet looks like something else ...SO WHAT?If you by a VCR ,there are only a couple makers of them ..Look at your car and then look around ..Chances are it looks exactly like another brand with a different name on it ...If the Gohbee is an improvemnt of the raptor ,So be it .. The market will tell ..Like I said on another website ,You could step in a mud puddleand find $20 .00 and still find something to bith about.......GET OVER IT !!!by the way I am not a rep for them,nor do I own one ,but from what I have read about them ,Ithink I will buy one just to try out ...
Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Isaac F

ORIGINAL: justanotheruser A warning about Gohbee...
2) Sell the Stinger heli, which they claim to have designed themselves. In-fact, this is a rip-off of the Thunder Tiger Raptor which they get from an eastern supplier.
3) Field representatives get big payoffs for convincing a potential buyer to buy a Stinger - many have never seen the product and will misrepresent it. Their selling point is that the owner is a "stand-up guy" devoted to improving their heli while keeping it economical. Point 2 demonstrates that this is not true.
I saw you asking for help as a newbie in another forum and now you are a expert and have the guts to come here and trash this new heli company. Come on give us and them a break
Old 07-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Temps

Hey guy looks quite good for price slim mechs should make an easy scaler
take a look
http://gohbee.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
Old 07-23-2004, 05:19 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Well, I'll let Thunder Tiger worry about going after competitors for stealing their IP, but I still don't see much of a reason to buy the Gohbee over the Raptor 30V2. Here's why...

The Gohbee Stinger 30 is $288 (w/S&H) for an ARF, the TT Raptor 30V2 kit is $280 (w/S&H from HeliProz), and only $35 more for an ARF ($315 w/S&H). Personlly, I'd rather build the TT kit myself, or pay the extra $28 to get the TT ARF, than buy the knockoff. There are loads of aftermarket parts for the TT Raptors, made by TT and other companies like Mavrikk. If the Gohbee is not 100% compatible with the Raptor parts, then you're stuck with Gohbee as your sole source of replacement parts or upgrades.

I had to laugh about their "special" plastic call "Titastic"! They say it's lightweight, like Titanium, and has the vibration damping of plastic. That's kind of like saying a red Honda Civic is "red like a Ferrari, yet inexpensive like a Honda Civic!!" Virtually all plastics are lighter than titanium, so why would you compare it's weight to titanium... errr, maybe for a cool marketing bullet. When I see companies make BS remarks like that to sell their product, I quickly loose faith in the rest of their claims...

Just my $0.02... even though nobody asked for it!
Old 07-24-2004, 09:57 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,

I choked on that "Titastic" as well. In fact, on another site I questioned the "rep" directly about it, and got somewhat of a double-speak reply. In short, the old BS meter was pegging, and I saw no need to re-calibrate. The guy that wrote that ad copy must have worked for Horizon at one time...

I'm with you; it appears to be a Raptor semi-clone (with a few Hirobo parts thrown in). Nothing wrong with that, but if they have any hope of generating high sales volume they're going to have to cut pricing.

If you have Item A, of known quality, and a similar but unknown Item B, and they are close in pricing, which one are you gonna buy???

That's what I believe they call a no-brainer...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:27 AM
hroachen

ORIGINAL: -pkh-
That's kind of like saying a red Honda Civic is "red like a Ferrari, yet inexpensive like a Honda Civic!!"
You mean the "Ferronda" body is a marketing thing?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Windspiel

1 logo stolen ...big deal
2 designed buy themselves .....big deal again
3 payoff.....got to support thier hobby to mabe they should work for nothing
ORIGINAL: justanotheruser

A warning about Gohbee...

Old 07-25-2004, 08:30 AM
440GTX

Personally. I would stick with the Raptor.
The main reason is I can buy any Raptor 30 or 50 part today.
Worst case , I can have it before the end of the week.

Fred..
Old 07-25-2004, 11:08 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell
...If you have Item A, of known quality, and a similar but unknown Item B, and they are close in pricing, which one are you gonna buy???...
I think that statement pretty much sums it up!!

A newcomer or clone of an existing heli needs to have a much lower price or a lot of extra value added to make it attractive to most people. Just $28 cheaper and a "Titastic" frame doesn't quite do it for me!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:06 PM
letsf1y

I would say that THE ONLY things that are different to the Raptor is the Rotor head! ALL the remaining parts are interchangeable with the Raptor. Frames, clutch, Clutch bell, Tail unit, gears, pinions, boom, belt, servo tray, collective arm, tail gearbox, etc...etc!!! If you can't get your Gohbee part.. just buy a raptor part! The only parts that are obviously not, are the head parts..and in the end, if you do manage to smash the head up totally and cannot get the parts from whoever..., you could just put the Raptor head on it...or even one of the aftermarket upgrade heads that are readily available. Some of the parts are actually stronger, or beefed up than the raptor..noticeably the tail pitch fork, and some other items. The collective tray is extrememely Rigid, and very slop free. Has some nice standard metal bits on it..!!

I'm not a rep...I've just seen and examined one close up! so don't curse me!

Also I haven't seen the prices of spares, but from what I understand, I'm sure the parts are cheaper than Raptor parts. If you guys want to stick with the TT Raptor, you can still make use of the spares from a 'Stinger'.

I don't really think it is a rip off..It just gives people another choice for beginners, and also the budding 3d pilot. It does fly very well. It's most definately on par with the standard Raptor, if not better...and its FFF characteristics are better than the standard raptor. It is very smooth! Still fully testing one out on my friends helis at the moment.(haven't had a chance to fully wring it out yet, have to get the engine fully run in)

Also, it's just as easy to upgrade to a 50...using the same standard TT parts or their own. Pinion, main gear, boom, belt, and the blades
Old 10-18-2004, 05:42 PM
heli-john

ORIGINAL: letsf1y

I would say that THE ONLY things that are different to the Raptor is the Rotor head! ALL the remaining parts are interchangeable . of the spares from a 'Stinger'.
Er nope, the clutch is different.
1. The bell will drop straight down once the engine is out. Soo much quicker than Raptor.
2. The clutch shoes are joined to the starter shaft - makes alignment great but needs a one way wand.

A lot of things are better and some not so good but it is 25% cheaper than a Raptor!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:58 PM
RebarDWG

yah, please review the product but dont knock them. The people will decide. All companies must start somewhere, most of the time its from the bottom up. If you're happy with your heli, enjoy it, others like myself like to look forward and improve.

If this company or ANY company has a better design, bring it on. Maybe one day we'll be saying, TT stole Gohbee's design concept. We all know everything out there can be improved upon.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:26 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: heli-john

A lot of things are better and some not so good but it is 25% cheaper than a Raptor![/color]

Um, I think you might want to recalculate that. Your a little off on that one!
Old 10-23-2004, 06:31 AM
heli-john

Flyboy
Raptor £200 - 220.
Stilletto £150.
The math is there!
Just finished building the Stilletto (Stinger) and am waiting for weather to break for first trial. My comment so far is that a first time builder should not consider a Stilletto (can't say the same for Stinger). The instructions were limited, I had to use quite a lot of ingenuity, I had to make irritating mods (like shortening the little pitch links and I don't mean adjusting them I mean chopping them), fix a number of poor drillings, make up parts (eg throttle rod) and dip in to the spares box.
Build this if you are the sort that likes to customise things. Don't build it if you expect it to "fly right out of the box".
If anyone would like my step by step analysis of the hurdles to get over then please pm me. I kept a diary.
Can't make a final comment 'til it is in the air but it is fully ballraced and it's the first bird I have had that balances nicely on the flybar first time.