Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Remote Glow Clip Does anyone know why?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Remote Glow Clip Does anyone know why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:49 PM
alien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Glow Clip Does anyone know why?

Hi Everone First let me start of saying that my Remote Glow Clip is grounded to the back of the engine and ever wire on the heli was checked also all the gears were checked. But it seems That when I touch the remote glow clip with any typ of metal the servos Jitter when i pull away they are fine . It dont matter if the engine is running or not. Even with the Glow starter or even with just a small metal rod like piano wire it still moves them Why Its makeing me nuts. Ever thing is grouned they way it should be. Does anyone Out there Know Why . Please Help Thank You Ed
Old 10-14-2004, 05:41 PM
heli-john

Default RE: Remote Glow Clip Does anyone know why?

Sounds like glitching so don't prod at it with metal rods and check there isn't anything else to cause it like a fractured boom support. Rx's can be quite sensitive.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:54 AM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

Sounds like something is building a static charge, either the heli or your body.
Try touching the engine or the ground side of the glow connector with one hand while putting on your glow starter with the other.
If it doesn't glitch your servos then it is probably static discharging from your body.
I have not had this problem with my helis but did have the same thing with a car, especially when wearing a nylon jacket.
If it is static from your body then it's nothing to be concerned about, otherwise, I would try a different RX and make sure your antenna is located away from any servo leads or metal.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:22 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Are you using a glow starter attached to a power panel? Mine did that too. The small clip on igniters seem to not cause this.

Tom