Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Pitch / Throttle Curve How-To?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Pitch / Throttle Curve How-To?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 01:46 PM
bsumpter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch / Throttle Curve How-To?

Hey everyone!

I just acquired a Concept 30SR used, and have a quick question about pitch / throttle curves.

I've already flown this bird, and it flies really nice, but I have noticed at certain collective levels the engine appears to be overspeeding. How does one go about setting up the proper pitch / throttle curves on a heli? Do you go by engine sound and just tweak until the load sounds consistent? Would anyone care to walk me through the process?

Also, if anyone is flying a Concept 30SR w/ an OS 32 engine, would you mind sharing your current pitch / throttle curve settings? This would at least give me a base to start with.

My radio is a Futaba 9C, and it is currently running the default curves (0,25,50,75,100) on both throttle and pitch.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2002, 02:51 PM
w.pasman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch / Throttle Curve How-To?

Keep the pitch curves as linear as possible, and change the throttle curve such that rpm keeps constant.