Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

More RAPTOR V2 Pics w/Part #'s

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

More RAPTOR V2 Pics w/Part #'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Quickie
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More RAPTOR V2 Pics w/Part #'s

OK thanks to Dan (aka Teamerica) the high quality scans are now up on their own page. There are 4 pages total and each one is around 150k. I've left the detail shots with part numbers in this link for those who just want those. The link to the complete pages is.

http://www.teamericaweb.com/Raptor/index.htm
Old 09-10-2002, 02:08 AM
Quickie

Upgrade Kit and new crash kit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	25264_4758.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	16088  
Old 09-10-2002, 02:16 AM
Quickie

Default Upgrades

Some of these look different some the same. I guess the Raptor gurus would know the difference.

Name:	25266_4758.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	16089  
Old 09-10-2002, 02:23 AM
Quickie

Parts number for changes this is the last post I swear!!

Name:	25267_4758.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	16090  
Old 09-10-2002, 05:09 AM
pietermx

thanks a lot!
Old 09-10-2002, 05:57 PM
TEAMERICA
My Feedback: (77)

If you will email me the "good quality" scans (any size) I will post them on my web server and publish a page to show them.

email to [email protected]

Dan
Old 09-11-2002, 02:30 AM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

So does anyone know if the 50 will be coming out at the same time as the 30? Or if the 50 will be getting an overhaul at all? I assume that it will, but would like to know if anyone actually knows the answer. I was going to buy a Raptor 50 in about 2 days, so I would like to knwo if I am going to waist my time and money if I go ahead with the purchase. Any thoughts?

Oh by the way. Thanks for these new pics. I enjoyed looking at them. The new Raptor looks promising. Took em long enough to respond to the needed changes. But atleast they did do it.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:38 AM
Quickie

OK Thanks to Dan (aka Teamerica) the high quality scans are now up and here is the link.

Old 09-11-2002, 04:04 AM
TEAMERICA
My Feedback: (77)

I visited Ace Hobbies today. (Home of Thunder Tiger)

They are just getting back from the Chicago show and getting unpacked. Their new facility is awesome and still shaping up as Sam Wright gets settled into his new job as Marketing Director. Sam is a mover and shaker and already moving and shaking.

I'm sorry, I did not ask all the "Questions" but, if I were you, I'd hold off on that new R50 for a few weeks. It wouldn't make sense to continue selling original parts in the 50 while only the 30 is revised and got the new stronger parts. Though I didn't see it in writing, I know they are ahead of us in many ways. Hang loose for a few weeks.

They are planning to release the V2 around the first of October knowing that many people want a GREAT Christmas present. The inventory is starting to arrive in the warehouse already.

BTW, as you can see the changes are quite extensive with the new V2 and I would rather call it "G2" (if Real Flight hadn't already coined that title). It truly is a Next Generation rather than a simple upgrade. The cost of the new parts is around $125 and the work is so extensive, that you might as well just buy a new kit and build it up right.

If you will give Bill Gates $90 every year to upgrade your Windows for your computer and it crashes daily, then, give TT the benefit of the doubt for listening to you and improving your chopper that you are already flying and enjoying. (and crashing daily like me) Support them and move into the next "Generation" with them and pass your old "v1" on to someone that needs a low cost start. [off my soap box]

You can see the V2 Pamphlet here:

The Great Pumpkin
Old 09-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

I have heard that they should have a new V2 50 kit by the end of the year and I also heard that the V2 upgrade kits will be closer to $200! That would be nice if they were in the $125 range but with the list of parts you get in the upgrade I just don't see that happening!
Old 09-12-2002, 12:35 AM
Buzzin Brian

Cool I think I will just wait on the V250. I am betting that parts support for the V1 will not be to favorable. That will kind of force the issue with the upgrade kits if you intend to keep flying your current Raptor. Not saying that this is what will happen, but PURE speculation. But if you think about it, pretty much ALL of the parts that are being upgraded on the new bird are the same parts that no one can find right now. Connection? I am thinking so. So I guess my current R30 will be getting a facelift. Or becoming a nite bird. Thanks for the imfo. Keep it coming.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:38 PM
gray

Default r 30 v1

All i can say is that they better support the v1 R30 as there are a lot of v1 owners .I have 2 new raptors (6 week old one 30 and one 50 ) and if i can not buy parts now that the v2 is out i will never buy an other TT product in my life .

my opinion
Old 09-28-2002, 01:14 AM
Buzzin Brian

I REALLY hope that I am wrong, but I am thinking that parts support will not be to favorable for the V1. HeliProz (which is who I usually use for Raptor parts) has been out on severall of the V1 parts that are being replaced in the V2 kit for quite some time now. So I am not to optomistic about the situation. Again I hope that I am wrong, as I to own a V1 Raptor 30. And have been wanting a 50 for a while now. Actually I have the funds to buy one right now. But have passed on the V1 50 for the exact assumption I have made here. I am NOT trying to shed a bad light, just simply stateing my oppinion on what I am seeing happen with parts support to date.
Old 09-28-2002, 01:37 AM
gray

I hope the frames on the v1 can be replaces withe the v2 frames without the need of replasment of too many other parts and slowly replace everything to v2 as needed .That will not be so bad .Does any body know if changing the frames to v2 will need more parts changed ?
Old 09-28-2002, 04:01 AM
Quickie

Default V2 Compatability

I don't think the V2 will be the pain everyone thinks it will be. Most of these parts look like they can be replaced piece by piece or is small groups. I think it would be a VERY good idea for TT or someone to host a chart that would explain parts that would have to be replaced as sets when using V2 parts on a V1. So if someone breaks a blade grip they can look up and see the minimum number of parts they have to buy in order to use the newer V2 parts (Main Rotor Grip, Hub and Spindle for example). This would probably go a LONG way to keeping those 10,000 Raptor 30 V1 owners happy BUT it's just an idea.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:33 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

It looks like that the upgrade parts for the V2 30 are going to work for the V1 50 save for the swash <which you could still use> and the boom supports <the 50 already has the better ones>... They may just go for a complete and different overhaul for the 50 but I highly doubt it.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:34 AM
pietermx

Originally posted by RS2K
It looks like that the upgrade parts for the V2 30 are going to work for the V1 50 save for the swash <which you could still use> and the boom supports <the 50 already has the better ones>... They may just go for a complete and different overhaul for the 50 but I highly doubt it.
And what about the Raptor 50 tail rotor? Don't need to be upgraded too... And of course the Raptor 50 V1 -> V2 upgrade kit should have a bigger tank.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:48 AM
Buzzin Brian

I agree it shouldn't be to big of a deal to upgrade to a V2, but the head will not be as simple as grips hub and spindle. All of the bearings will have to be replaced as well. So I don't think that doing it one little group at a time will be very cost effective. But may be the best bet for some. However what I am going to do is order the upgrade kit, and basicly I will install it when the current frames take a major smashing. I am not going to go through the pain that it will be to rebuild the heli, unless I have to anyway. For me that is an easy decision as I haven't even flown the heli since its last frame change. So for me it will be an overpriced crash kit supliment. But it will still get the V2 goods just the same. The thing I found strange is the price that it costs, and it doesn't apear to come with the new canopy. Not to cool in my book. But hey that is just me.
Old 09-28-2002, 06:20 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Originally posted by PieterMX

And what about the Raptor 50 tail rotor? Don't need to be upgraded too... And of course the Raptor 50 V1 -> V2 upgrade kit should have a bigger tank.
Yes, I forgot to mention that. Anyway the R50 V2 upgrade should be cheaper, unless Ace wants to be like Microsoft and charge more.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:47 AM
pietermx

Originally posted by RS2K

Yes, I forgot to mention that. Anyway the R50 V2 upgrade should be cheaper, unless Ace wants to be like Microsoft and charge more.
If they don't make it any cheaper I'll make them to do so...
Old 09-28-2002, 10:05 AM
gray

I thing you allready know this but heliworld.com has the V2 30 sport kit for $264
I do not know what is diferant in the V2 30 pro kit but it is more money .
Old 09-29-2002, 12:21 AM
Buzzin Brian

I am guessing it will be bearings. The sport will most likely be the 29bb unit and the pro will be the full bearing unit. But that is simply a guess. Nice to see though that the price didn't go up to god awefull much. Best I can tell it went up about $15.00 as compared to the 29bb units regular on line price. not to bad at all.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:02 AM
RCAdd1ct

I just got a set of V2 frames for my converted 50. They did not work. The top bearing on the start shaft would not seat properly. I ended up with an 1/8" gap between the frames. Even tried a "C-Clamp" to get them to come together. No luck.

I am using the V1 clutch and start shaft assy. as I could not find a 10 tooth 6mm pinion for the 50.

I spoke to the shop owner and verified that the top bearing outside diameters are the same (V1-V2).

I also noted that there are some extra holes in the motor mount area. Looks like you could put a 60 motor mount in the frames?!?!

Anyway the shop also had 2 ARF's in stock. Upon hearing the news of the bearing issues he put them up in the back until we can figure out what is what.

On another note, it feels like the new frames have tighter tolerances on the main shaft bearings. Less slop is great! Interference fit is not.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Did you see this site? http://www.team-raptor.com/

They show a different part number for the 10 tooth pinion gear and I am assuming it is for the V2 only!
Old 09-29-2002, 04:07 PM
RCAdd1ct

From what I heard that pinion is for the .36/.39 not the 50.

It doesn't specify a tooth count so I might be wrong.

Either way it is the top bearing that should be the sam outer dimension that is giving me the problem.

I will try to talk to TT Monday if my work schedule allows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.