Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Is there a new OS 91?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 02:36 PM
S_Ciambra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a new OS 91?

I heard about the release of a new OS91 engine,anyone has information about it?
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Old 09-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

The only thing I heard is a OS91 will come with a pump.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:32 PM
Flunkyone
Banned

The OS 91 EFI H should be out in a few weeks. Don't know if it is going to be very popular with a $900 price tag. But there should be a few of them sold anyway
Old 09-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

$900.00???????????????? WOW!!!!!!!!!! I would skip that for sure! You can buy the standard 91, a perry pump, and if desired a spare back plate and basicly acheive the same thing. And that is at a fraction of the price. Not to mention the fact that YS is working on a 91 at the moment. And I am betting that they will not be asking anywhere near that much. What does it do that makes it that expensive? Does it included a governor, talk to you, tune itsself, or what? Makes me wonder what OS was thinking when they decided to sell it for that much. But I am sure some people will just have to have the newest wizbang. Glad to say I will not be one of them.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Scotty740

OS 91 EFI = Electronic Fuel Injection. From what I understand the control unit measures RPM, throttle input, and exhaust temp and controls the amount of fuel accordingly. Not a bad price if compared to the first plank engines they produced with EFI.