Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

OS 91 EFI-H

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 06:04 PM
Flunkyone
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 91 EFI-H

Been testing this motor for about a week now , so far is has been flawless. The built in GV1 makes it virtually moron proof. Just put the initial settings in the brain box, fill up the fuel tank, start the motor and go fly. How many of you are willing to pay $900 USD plus for this motor. Using it on 7.9 to 1 right now, turning 710 mm blades at 1750. Smooth and consistent.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:05 PM
sharam
My Feedback: (2)

Default OS 91 EFI-H

When will this be available for purchase. It has the elctronic fuel injection AND a governor built in?

Any pics? This is very interesting.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:12 PM
JimmyA
My Feedback: (1)

Default OS 91 EFI-H

I would probably get one if it proves to be reliable. How does it compare to the carburated OS .91? Does it have more power?

Jimmy
Old 09-17-2002, 09:57 PM
S_Ciambra

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Hi!
It would be possible to have some photo of the engine?
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Old 09-18-2002, 12:03 AM
Flunkyone
Banned

Default OS 91 EFI-H

The OS91 EFI-H is carburated, don't know why you think it is not.
IT just has an electronic mixture control that continuously adjusts the mixture to the engine. It adjust the fuel mixture from idle to full throttle. No lean or rich runs in any speed range, just nice and consistent mixture control and speed control.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:22 AM
JimmyA

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Originally posted by Flunkyone
The OS91 EFI-H is carburated, don't know why you think it is not.
IT just has an electronic mixture control that continuously adjusts the mixture to the engine. It adjust the fuel mixture from idle to full throttle. No lean or rich runs in any speed range, just nice and consistent mixture control and speed control.
I meant to say the NON EFI .91 I guess it came out the wrong way.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:15 AM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Default OS 91 EFI-H

As usual Flunkyone has no idea what he's talking about and I seriously doubt he has one. He wrote;

>>> The OS91 EFI-H is carburated, don't know why you think it is not.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:17 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Flunkyone if you have one who did you get it from mmmm???

Here is a Airplane version-
http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg0662.html
Old 09-18-2002, 02:22 AM
CA-RCFlyer

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Who cares, for $900 they can keep it.

Fred
Old 09-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Flunkyone
Banned

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Optech,
You are correct, it is a throttle body with an electronic mixture control. Most people still call it a carbuerator, so that is why I worded it that way. The solenoid is controlled from the brain box, it is adjust continiously for what mixture the motor needs. The governor maintains the RPMS, the temp sensors send the temp of the motor to the brain box and then the brain box adjusts the mixture as needed.
This is 90% production motor, there is more prototypes out there that are not as close to the production model. This motor came from Futaba Japan it is being tested due to some new programming in the brain box. The production version of the OS 91 EFI-H should be released in Japan in the next two to three weeks. This is a 2 stroke motor and not a 4 stroke
Old 09-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Ergo60

Default OS 91 EFI-H

The OS91 EFI-H is carburated
So it is an OS motor.

This motor came from Futaba Japan
So are you telling me that Futaba and OS are doing a joint venture on a motor? I think not since Futaba has its own line of engines.

Prove it to me, post a pic or two, and provie it. If you cant then shut the F up.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:22 PM
sharam

Default OS 91 EFI-H

It is possible that Futaba and OS are cooperating, but I still want to see pics of this engine. Any available?
Old 09-18-2002, 03:32 PM
duelist
My Feedback: (7)

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Guys, it has been a known fact for a long while that OS and Futaba joint-ventured to create the original EFI engines (I think that was the 1.4RX for the pattern guys), it only makes sense, since the only programming that OS could do is the programming for their CNC machines. An electronics expert would have to do the injector programming .
Old 09-18-2002, 03:45 PM
sharam

Default OS 91 EFI-H

As a matter of fact, the engine that duelist refers to, has an EFI box that looks suspiciously like the boxes that Futaba Governors have. I also seem to remember reading articles about the cooperation between Futaba and OS.

Same article mentioned that YS does not have a partner like OS has in Futaba; that's why you haven't seen YS introduce Electronic Fuel Injection engines yet.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Flunkyone
Banned

Default OS 91 EFI-H

In case you have been asleep for the last several years. Futaba Corporation owns OS Engines. They bought them several years back. The other EFI engines are controlled by Futaba electronics.
I am not allowed to post a picture of it yet. The ad should be in the next issue of RC Technique. This motor probably won't be in the USA till sometime late next Spring till mid Summer. Futaba does not make any engines, don't know where you got that idea from.But it is one sweet running trouble free engine.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:41 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Default OS 91 EFI-H

"Futaba has its own line of engines" ?? And what engines are these you speak of?? If you are refering to YS then you shouyld kow that was Futaba USA only distribution. Futaba has owned OS for some time now but apparently Ergo 60 hasn't clue and needs to use profanity to make his point. Very immature.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:45 PM
pilotError

Default OS 91 EFI-H

If this was around 350-400 hundred range, it might be a worthwhile investment. I don't know about $900 to have me avoid touching the needles.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Ergo60

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Man am I eating humble pie right now, Sorry for jumping the gun, and while I have not been asleep, I will have to admit that I do not keep up on everything new that comes up.:sleeping:

I also assumed that since the YS engine box has the Futaba name on it, that they were the producers of it. Again I am wrong and am man enough to admit it and offer up my appologies for my earlier statement. It does go far for me understanding why the YS engins run so smooth.

Must be that I am spending to much time on other forums, and the attitudes there carry over here sometimes in my replies. I will try to look twice before jumping again.

So sorry about that, and I will bow out of this one for now, but I would still like to see pics as soona s they are available....
Old 09-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Flunkyone
Banned

Default OS 91 EFI-H

I am testing the OS 91 EFI-H that OS is going to release soon. They are making this version for all the contest pilots since the FAI does not allow a 2 stroke engine larger than a 15CC at this time. But OS is also going to release the 1.02 version for the serious sport flier also. Here is a picture of the engine and it will be shown at the Tokyo Model Show in October. This engine will be released in Japan at the same time the OS 91 EFI-H is released also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	26787_14206.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	16585  
Old 09-20-2002, 01:13 AM
=XGC= OzZ

Default OS 91 EFI-H

I am testing the OS 91 EFI-H that OS is going to release soon. They are making this version for all the contest pilots since the FAI does not allow a 2 stroke engine larger than a 15CC at this time. But OS is also going to release the 1.02 version for the serious sport flier also. Here is a picture of the engine and it will be shown at the Tokyo Model Show in October. This engine will be released in Japan at the same time the OS 91 EFI-H is released also.
\\

What are you testing it in?
Old 09-20-2002, 01:16 AM
Flunkyone
Banned

Default OS 91 EFI-H

Sylphide 90 , it makes a great combination with it
Old 09-20-2002, 01:37 AM
Furyflyer2

Default OS 91 EFI-H

OOOOoooo Boy you all got suckered Last time I spoke the Curtis he said they where working on one but was not close to completing a good running version that could run in the right r.p.m. The problem is making a solenoid valve that would allow the engine to run above 9,000 r.p.m.

check this link-
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...highlight=hoax]
Old 09-20-2002, 02:03 AM
Flunkyone
Banned

Default OS 91 EFI-H

The solenoid works fine at 17K RPM. We have 3 fliers testing both version of these engines here. We have finally got them about ready to be released and the engineers are all pleased with the results. Both versions of the engine will be shown as I said at the Tokyo Model show in October. There is two big shows in Japan a year and this is one of them. Always release new products at these shows. Governor screen shows the max rpm to be in 15K range consistent. Can I ask what is suckered, does that have to do with engine
Old 09-20-2002, 02:13 AM
Furyflyer2

Default OS 91 EFI-H

The solenoid works fine at 17K RPM. We have 3 fliers testing both version of these engines here. We have finally got them about ready to be released and the engineers are all pleased with the results. Both versions of the engine will be shown as I said at the Tokyo Model show in October. There is two big shows in Japan a year and this is one of them. Always release new products at these shows. Governor screen shows the max rpm to be in 15K range consistent. Can I ask what is suckered, does that have to do with engine
Check this link-
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthrea...&highlight=hoax
Old 09-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Flunkyone
Banned

Default OS 91 EFI-H

I checked link, but I don't understand what that has to do with the new engine . The 1.02 has been known about here in Japan since end of July. The 91 EFI has been tested since 13/09/02. Three of pilots have used many liters of fuel and hours of operation on engine. It runs flawless. I think everybody be much happy with engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.