Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Raptor 50 vs. Hirobo Skeadu 50

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Raptor 50 vs. Hirobo Skeadu 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 02:12 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 50 vs. Hirobo Skeadu 50

Hi All,

Any one have an opinion, reasons why one is better than the other? Good / bad / other?

The reason is, we ( a club mate & I) are looking at my first, and his replacement choppers.

He will be teaching me, and he has many 'rotory hours' He currently has a JR, and want's to 'upgrade'. He's narrowed it down to these two.

He is a seasoned pilot, not quite F3C, but very very close! (He does F3A / pattern airplanes!)

So, we are fishign for comments from the public as to what is a better choice.

Your experinces?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
WhtBronco

Default RE: Raptor 50 vs. Hirobo Skeadu 50

You'll find guys that like both around here. I have a Raptor 50 V2 and am very happy with it. I'd get the heli that easiest to get parts for from the LHS though.

That said, I really like what I have read and seen about the Sceaudo EVO 50.

In any case they are both good helis and I have read very little negative about either. Some folks say the EVO 50 has a bit better control setup, push-pull, but I'd think you'd be happy with either.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:11 PM
ChopperMike

Definitely, if you hava LHS that stocks a GOOD supply of parts for one or the other that's a big deciding factor. Many hobby shops I've been in that stock a few heli kits have next to nothing in the way of parts, in that case I'd go for which ever one you like. I have the Evo 50 and highly recommend it. It's a very solid, high quality machine. You'll like it!

Mike
Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup, as stated, you would be happy with either. Get the one you like the best and the one that is the easiest for you to get parts for. You won't have a problem either way.

I personally like the upgrade choices for the rappy line for what its worth.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

i'm a Rappy guy because i think the scdeau is ugly. As far as i can tell that is as good a reason as any to choose one over the other (had a scdeau too a while back) Take your pick, have fun.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:01 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

I have and regularly fly both. I feel the Rappy is easier to fly smooth but fights me when I try to push it really hard. The Sceadu is the opposite. It likes flip and flop fast and furious but I can't fly it nearly as smooth as my raptor. My Fury is the best of both worlds but I can't afford to dork it nearly as easy as my plastics so it doesn't get near the flight time. I still have those brainfarts and dumb thumbs a bit too often
Matt