Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

OS 70 Mixture

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:44 PM
NIpilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 70 Mixture

I've been having troubles just lately with my OS 70 quitting unexpectedly at mid throttle settings. Now I have to tell you, I recently moved so I don't have my carb manual with me. I honestly don't remember where I used to have my needles since it always ran fine and I rarely clicked it more than a few clicks richer or leaner. I've gone through all the clunk lines, feeder lines between header and main tank, fuel filter, etc. Even switched out the OS 8 plug and cracked open a fresh jug of 15% fuel. Same result. Fly for maybe two minutes and without warning a quick and sudden flameout. Its as though its suddenly sucking air. No bubbles in the line or tank while hovering. I'm perplexed to say the least. It starts normally, idles with a little cackle when its warmed up, (just like a bit on the lean side) runs in the mid range normal and pulls good on the high end. Then when your about to think you've nailed the troubles down it just quits and here goes another unexpected auto. I must be missing something here but its not obvious to me. At the moment its idle needle centered or just a hair towards lean, middle needle about 1-1/8 and high needle about 1-1/4. Any richer on the high needle and its loads up and wags the tail. I feel I've eliminated fuel and glow plug. I"ve even tried two other plugs just to confirm its not plugs. Last night I pulled the carb and unscrewed the needles and their seats and cleaned the carb from top to bottom. Nothing noteworthy. I'm getting kinda p---ed at the thing cause I dimpled my tail tube on a run on auto from low altitude with skid stops that kept me from sliding to a graceful stop. Got a slow speed tail slapper. Good ideas greatly appreciated.