Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any Heli Pilots in Wichita,Ks ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Any Heli Pilots in Wichita,Ks ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 03:45 AM
n0jvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Heli Pilots in Wichita,Ks ??

Hello There

I'm looking for any Heli pilots in or near Wichita,Ks that could
help me with my heli ( mostly setup )

have a nice one all

Mike
Old 10-16-2002, 11:49 AM
motorhead-RCU

Yes, there are several Heli pilots here. Most of them fly at lake afton but you might catch some one at the Beech field. If you do not know where these are then ask. There are training days where you will find someone in the club who could point you to the right person. Afton is on Wed and Beech is on Tues. I can help if it is a LMH.
Mike
Old 10-16-2002, 12:30 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

I learned to fly in helis in Wichita, KS. Heli night is Thursday night at Lake Afton. The heli pilots tend to stay away from Beech because it is mostly aircraft. There are usually helis out at LA every night, though. Quite a few people fly out at LA, there are also some people with Lite Machines. I used to live in Wichita, KS but I moved about 2 mounths ago. Flying helis in Wichita is great bacause they fly so well in wind but flying only airplanes in Wichita and waiting for the wind to die down was VERY annoying.

LOTS of room to hover helis at Lake Afton, there's enough room to have dozens of aircraft at a time. At Beech I don't feel safe seeing 5 planes in the air! And the walk to the field is loooooooong! But I used to live less than 5 minutes from Beech and 30 mins from LA. Nice thing about the Wichita club is that they are tolerant of ANY type of aircraft. Helis, gliders, planes, autogyros, ect. The only reason heli pilots stay away from Beech is because it is really only set up for aircraft, not much room for helis. VERY nice runway for aircraft, you have your choice for either paved or grass and even thought they are parallel to each other one isn't too far away from the other. Very nice setup, only problem is you have to walk 1/4 mile to get to it from your car. Not much hovering room, though.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:53 PM
motorhead-RCU

RS2K, you might be supprised to find out that they just put a 20 x 600 runway at LA. I was. I generally fly planes at Beech because it is close to my work. I have a E-LMH so I usually fly it in the front yard.
Mike
Old 10-17-2002, 02:30 AM
RS2K

Originally posted by motorhead
RS2K, you might be supprised to find out that they just put a 20 x 600 runway at LA.
WOW!!! Right after I moved, too.

I may have seen you there if you ever flew during the winter. (Beech)
Old 10-17-2002, 02:58 AM
n0jvt

RS2K

I'd like to go to lake afton ( LA ) Heli gathering but the meeting time is after dark and i can't drive after dark :-(

Yes it is a LMH Corona I have
Old 10-17-2002, 03:07 AM
RS2K

Most of those guys are out there on the weekends. Usually Sunday afternoon to evening.