Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Heli Crash Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 PM
RebarDWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli Crash Video

http://www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=224

what is he doing flying?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:18 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Heli Crash Video

What i'd like to know is, what he's doing flying a helicopter in what appears to be a residential area..

nevermind him, there was clearly spectators and all kinds of other vehicles and things going on in the background he could've hit. The fact he landed(crashed)where he did is a minor miracle as he clearly was NOT in control of that helicopter.

It only sums up to stupidity.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:57 PM
1ight

W O W !
It doesnt appear like there was anyone on board who could actually pilot the thing. Maybe its a case of "I have a lot of money, I think i'll go and take my new toy for a spin around the block ??? " Insane.
I admire the camera operator as he just stood there taping the heli flying right past him (... did u notice the tail rotor ??? It wasnt that far away from him)
Again ... really insane.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Ratt Belly

Thinning the herd!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:58 AM
sparkling_fist

THAT IS CRAZY!!
someone could have died.. and *** is that heli doing on the streets?
who put it there?
and what were they trying 2 do?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:43 PM
RebarDWG

that really is insane. the camera man either has guts of steel or he is just clueless. You wouldnt catch me within 300 ft of a revolving tail rotor.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:52 PM
thecheatscalc

i think it's just clueless and he thinks the owner's not piloting or thinks he knows what he's doing.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Sawdust48.5

That pilot's an f.,;/ing lunatic
Old 08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
thecheatscalc

i thought it was pretty funny (except for all that could have gone wrong like people getting kill, ect.) what i whant to know is why he went down the street? if one of those blades hit a tree that thing is going to tear apart. Not like it didn't anyways.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 PM
1ight

If you look at this video very closley, you can see a lot of very interesting things. First, he trims the trees... and you can see the branches falling down to the ground. Then you see the people standing behind that car lookin like ... wth is he thinking ... then you see them running. But the interesting part is when he hits that lamp pole, probly gets a boom strike and rolls over. Notice one of the blades flying right in the direction of the people who just fled the scene. I mean .. this is a truly insane video.
I'd like to know what country it happened in and read any press articles about it. Anyone know a bit more ?
Old 08-16-2005, 09:13 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Yep
As I said, the way he crashed, it's nothing short of a minor miracle that nobody was hurt (though it's possible someone WAS hurt, hard to tell from the video).

When a helicopter crashes and the blades strike the ground, **** goes flying everywhere man, it ain't pretty.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:36 AM
radobahn

Wow... That has to be one of the most idiotic and irresponsible moves I've seen. Beginning of the video is no big deal... obviousely a new pilot in what appears to be a safe area. Then the guy is cruising down a two lane residential street trimming everyones trees along the way as people run for cover. Unbelievable[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 08-17-2005, 01:56 PM
hydravien

quoting the site

"Helicopter ride for his 100th Birthday
7/5/2005 8:55:59 PM
Scienott - [2832 Views]
From what I know, the driver was in critical condition, 100 years of age, and unable to fly; he recently died apparently.
Honest condolences go out to his family and friends."

still funny tho
Old 08-20-2005, 07:56 AM
DevelopedBug

Is the site down? I can't get it to open. [&o]
Old 08-20-2005, 08:22 PM
sed6

"Come on honey, if I can hover my Raptor I can hover this thing..."
Old 08-23-2005, 04:10 AM
voltron1011

ORIGINAL: sed6

"Come on honey, if I can hover my Raptor I can hover this thing..."
"I'll show you young whiper-snappers that I can still fly with the best of them...."
Old 08-23-2005, 04:53 AM
Norrmannen

The 100 year old was not the pilot he was a passenger, as was several of his familiy. The accident happened in Sweden this summer as they were picking the old geezer up to take him to his birthday party. As you know he didn't make it to the party as he was injured in the accident and later on died as a result of his injuries.

Haven't seen the final reports yet but have seen notes about the pilot being unexperienced and the heli overloaded.

Btw I'm not swedish..but a next door neighbour with the swedes.

Found an article, in swedish.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...663559,00.html

Well there are several there.
The heli belongs to a Lithuanian company, the pilot did not have a license for it, he didn't have a commercial license, the heli was not authorized for commercial flights, only experimental and were not allowed used in populated areas.

Looks like someone tried to save money in all the wrong places.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...663179,00.html
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...662769,00.html
Old 08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
1ight

Norrmannen!

Thanks for your response. I just wish I could read those articles but still, you provide a lot of new info on this case. What a real tradegy it is. The guy who was 100 didnt look like he was gonna die any time soon. I guess stupidity has no limits and its just really unfotunate that sometimes innocent people die as a result.
Anyways, thanks again.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Norrmannen

No prob. and you're right, far to often does peoples willingness to take risks put others at harms way...
Old 08-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Andology

I am planning to do my CPLH in probably 2008 and during my research found the following:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/heli_crash_(self_taught).wmv

he decided he couldnt wait for his instructor to arrive. This guy reminds me of the hundreds of people i have met while i am flying one of my R/C helicopters who say "ohh, give us a go mate"....... eerrrr..... No.

Cheers

Andy
Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Andology

BTW - here is the page that this vid is from, a load of others on there too...

http://www.rapp.org/archives/2004/09..._crash_videos/

Cheers

Andy
Old 08-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Norrmannen

I had this nice little 5-6 year old that came up to me while I was flying my Rex starting too chat about helicopters and rc in general one day. It sounded almost like was at least 10-15 years older just chatting along (a bit disturbing as I was concentrating on my flying)
After having chatted for a while he just asks me clamly if he can fly now as it would have been the most natural thing on earth to hand him my $500 radio and ditto heli and give him his 10 min of flying as I had had mine.

Very charming little fellow but just as the 2 flimsy teenage girls asking the same question I politely had to say no sorry you can't, but if mum would buy you one I'd be happy to help him set it up
Old 11-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Skiddz

I am planning to do my CPLH in probably 2008 and during my research found the following:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/heli_crash_(self_taught).wmv

he decided he couldnt wait for his instructor to arrive. This guy reminds me of the hundreds of people i have met while i am flying one of my R/C helicopters who say "ohh, give us a go mate"....... eerrrr..... No.

Actually, the guy - who has airplane time, but no rotorcraft rating - had just purchased the helicopter. His instructor told him not to touch anything. Much like my kids do, he touched and wadded up his new toy. Thnkafully no other people or aircraft were harmed. I'd like to know what kind of instructor lets a 0-time student even near a running helicopter, much less sit alone in one!

I have about 150 hours in helicopters with about 25 in the C300 like in the video. Very stable as helicopters go, but definitely not easy to fly. (as are all helicopters) What a waste of a perfectly good aircraft.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
wisdom-seeker

If you saw the complete video, you will notice that this guy, after getting out of the wreck, stands and gawks at the wreck at close range. I guess that he wasn't listening to the camera man who was trying to get him away from what could become a flaming wreck in short order. I'd say that the (would be) pilot was trying for a "Darwin Award".
Old 11-09-2005, 12:27 AM
vort3x
My Feedback: (68)

That's crazy. Stupid crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.